ECC new requirements

Gary D
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

After being here over six months here they Do Gary & many are and many more stay the full 3 years allowed

Tourist are those people you see occasionally on the coach with the sign in the front window saying Tourist or a group following someone around holding an umbrella in the air. I've visited the Philippines probably 15 times over the last 22 years and have never needed an EEC.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, Gary D said:

I've visited the Philippines probably 15 times over the last 22 years and have never needed an EEC.

Now that depends how you view a Tourist,  Like I said, if you have been here over six months on a 9a Tourist Visa you will need an ECC

• Like 3

Gary D
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Now that depends how you view a Tourist,  Like I said, if you have been here over six months on a 9a Tourist Visa you will need an ECC

If you have been in the Philippines for more than 6 months you are no longer a tourist you are a cash cow

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
36 minutes ago, Gary D said:

Tourists don't need an ECC. 

Dang Gary, wonder if I should believe you or the BI website :popcorn::

The following foreign nationals must secure an ECC-A prior to their departure:

Holders of Temporary Visitor Visa (also referred to as tourist visa) who have stayed in the Philippines for six (6) months or more;

But I take your point.  Average guys who are here as average tourists and who do not stay more that 6 months less a day do not need to obtain an ECC. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, Gary D said:
6 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

If you have been in the Philippines for more than 6 months you are no longer a tourist you are a cash cow

Tut Tut My friend that's not a nice thing to say here, is it? Most of us are here for a reason other than what you are Assuming/ Accusing even

• Like 1

bigpearl
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Gary D said:

Tourist are those people you see occasionally on the coach with the sign in the front window saying Tourist or a group following someone around holding an umbrella in the air. I've visited the Philippines probably 15 times over the last 22 years and have never needed an EEC.

You didn't stay long enough Gary, 3 times now I paid the fees to leave the country, each time 6 months or more, a dozen other times no fees. (3 to 6 weeks) I am astounded at the ingenuity of government departments not only in the Philippines but all countries to raise revenue for long stay tourists who help prop up financial needs within a/many so called tourist orientated country/ies. It is what it is and we need to play the game no matter the country or politics, while in Rome?  

If you or others have a way of avoiding/minimising these stupid fees please let us know how to do it and or where we are going wrong, better in our pockets than theirs, some free San Mig's won't go astray.

Cheers, Steve.

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Gary D said:

Ya know, when I think of it, I think you have that backwards.  Its the guys who come for a quick flip who drop a lot of cash in a short time who are the cash cows that the Philippines wants.  Come, drop a wad of cash, then leave with out thanks.

The ones who stay a long time are tight old geezers most often.  We stay here by the grace of cheap living and cheap tourist visas.  If we are the cash cows they would surely get more milk out of two guys who stay for 4 months each than one old guy here for a year.

• Like 5

Gary D
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Tut Tut My friend that's not a nice thing to say here, is it? Most of us are here for a reason other than what you are Assuming/ Accusing even

You can't tell me that the Philippines goverment hasn't turner longterm tourist into a for profit industry

• Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Ya know, when I think of it, I think you have that backwards.  Its the guys who come for a quick flip who drop a lot of cash in a short time who are the cash cows that the Philippines wants.  Come, drop a wad of cash, then leave with out thanks.

The ones who stay a long time are tight old geezers most often.  We stay here by the grace of cheap living and cheap tourist visas.  If we are the cash cows they would surely get more milk out of two guys who stay for 4 months each than one old guy here for a year.

After my third trip I've alway traved on  BB so no government fees to pay

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, Gary D said:

You can't tell me that the Philippines goverment hasn't turner longterm tourist into a for profit industry

That may be their Plan who knows but whatever, if you are here for more than the allotted time (6 Months) you will need an ECC and that is what you saying you don't need. the rest is Hot air from you for some reason, if you don't like it, why Come? most of us are happy Chappies and go with the Flow as and when needed

• Like 2