ECC new requirements

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Gary D said:

After my third trip I've alway traved on  BB so no government fees to pay

So that raises another question.  If you are hear on BB you can stay up to a year with no ECC required but are you classified as a tourist or just a 'temporary visitor'  (I don't make this shit up, its on the BI website that BBs are temporary visitors so thats why they don't need ECC's I guess)  BUT after a year you become a tourist.  Strange indeed.  The longer you stay, the more likely you are to become  . . . .  a Tourist! :Caught:

• Like 5

bigpearl
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Gary D said:

You can't tell me that the Philippines goverment hasn't turner longterm tourist into a for profit industry

Well said Gary, it's somewhat obvious and regardless of the rubbish and trite that we all endure, financial and time wasted in BI offices, at the end of the day I/we are here (PH) for a better life within an economy, people, way of life and life choices we can easily succumb too/deal with. All others go to the back. You don't like then leave, go to Spain or Ecuador and enjoy. It is what it is and we abide by the rules, right or wrong.

Cheers, Steve.

• Like 2

bigpearl
Posted
Posted
28 minutes ago, Gary D said:

After my third trip I've alway traved on  BB so no government fees to pay

HAHA, sorry Gary but what did the previous 2 trips entail? Tourist visa? Or miraculously God issued you with a BB on your previous visits? Not slinging Sh1t but at the end of the day each country has visa requirements, god knows I have been through dozens of countries and played the all frustrating games, they/protocols are there for security/vetting, finances are part of the deal. In Oz to bring your partner will cost around 8 to 10K. For us to retire in PH will cost a lot more by the time we move. To all readers and wise contributors to this and other sites,,,,,,,,, the fees/cost are what they are relative to your circumstances and country right or wrong we have to abide by the law.

At the end of the day if you put aside bureaucratic/fiscal nuances, S/E asian countries are a great place to retire, frustrations occur everywhere and will never change. At the end of the day as others say YMMV. Choices and knowledge, this site offers that and more.

So Gary, not slinging sh1t just curious why you never paid the EEC requirements, was that because you were a tourist prior to BB?

Slap me and knowing you Gary you will.

Cheers, Steve.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, bigpearl said:

go to Spain or Ecuador and enjoy.

Forget Spain my friends they are worse than here, where do you think they learned how to Rob a Tourist :whistling:

• Like 1

virginprune
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Gary D said:

If you have been in the Philippines for more than 6 months you are no longer a tourist you are a cash cow

I have been here for two years since my last sojourn to the uk. My ACR card gives my status as 'Tourist'. I cannot see 'cash cow' anywhere on the above mentioned card or on my immigration stamps in my passport. 

I do not consider myself to be what you have eluded  as my status. Even though my pecs are a bit slack, I have no cash....:hystery:

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Gary D said:

Tourists don't need an ECC. 

Really,on a 9A if you stay over 6 months then you need an ECC.That is a tourist Visa.

• Like 3

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

Really,on a 9A if you stay over 6 months then you need an ECC.That is a tourist Visa.

I am all about funny and silly, but when he substituted his definition of tourist for the official Philippine Tourist Visa definition the guy you are responding to made a comment that could get people in trouble - and that is not funny. Neither is giving himself as 'proof' you don't need an ECC because he didn't. But why didn't he? Because when on a 9A Tourist Visa he never stayed more than 6 months and when he did stay longer than 6 months he was NOT on a 9A Visa, he was on a Balikbayan Privilege (Visa waiver). No idea why someone would choose to confuse people about their Visa.

Those here on a 9A Tourist Visa need to obtain an ECC (Exit Clearance) if they have been in the country for 6 months. By that time, as part of obtaining Visa extensions, they should have gotten an ACR card with SRRN number. With a current ACR card and SRRN, 9A tourist Visa holders between 6-12 months in the Philippines can obtain their ECC at any Main BI office, OR the airport. ALL 9A Tourist Visa holders in country over 12 months have to obtain an ECC from a Main BI office only. An ECC is good for 30 days and currently takes minutes at the airport or between an hour and 2 weeks depending on what Main BI office you go to.

• Like 3

mogo51
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Interesting you should say that.  I met an American couple recently (both man and wife are foreigners), and I asked him last night why he was selling everything and moving to Viet Nam.  And he said:  "We've been here, (Philippines), 10 years now and we have vacationed in other Asian countries and over time i have grown to love Viet Nam more and more and HATE Philippines more and more."  I asked him to elaborate on Viet Nam and he made it sound fantastic and he reckons he and his wife can live there as cheap as in Philippines and have more modern infrastructure.  He is not the first to say that.  He is the first of possible many who are actually voting with their feet.

I went to Vietnam earlier this year and loved it there.  We went to HCMC which I did not like, as I don't particularly like big cities.  Then to Vung Tau and had a great time there.

Met up with many fellow expats and they were all happy and contented in Vietnam.  We did grocery shopping there as we were living in an Air BNB placd with kitchen and it is much cheaper than Thailand(which is almost the same as Philippines).  Choice is not as big there, but good fresh food readily available.

Lack of English is the main problem, very little spoken there even in HCMC.  If I did not have a Filipina partner, I would be heady there at this point.  Na thrang is also very nice place I have been told (north to Central Vietnam).

• Like 2

RBM
Posted
Posted

Has anyone actually received there ECC at Cebu Mactan Airport?  If so love to read there experience.

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, RBM said:

Has anyone actually received there ECC at Cebu Mactan Airport?  If so love to read there experience.

Me too. My last one was at NAIA Terminal 3. No problem, just a couple minutes at the window. Will be leaving from Mactan next time though, at about 10 months in country or so.

• Like 1