ECC new requirements

davewe
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

When he comes back, accompanied by wife, he gets  fresh one year stamp.  Many live here by doing that yearly rather than going for a 13a.

Yes that's exactly what we will be doing.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

When he comes back, accompanied by wife, he gets  fresh one year stamp.  Many live here by doing that yearly rather than going for a 13a.

:wink: That is what I said, each one is a one Off! :smile: Per Visit regardless of Time before the 12 months is up

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

That is what I said, each one is a one Off!

Apologies, I did not get your meaning but I am happy we are both saying the same thing. :7500:

• Thanks 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
On 2/17/2018 at 4:26 PM, davewe said:

Since the wife and I are leaving the country on a mini-vacation I wanted to confirm what I was "sure" of but, well better safe than sorry.

I have the BB Privilege through marriage. Am I correct that I don't need the ECC clearance? Janet is an American citizen with US passport but is a Balikbayan. Is it also true she also does not need the ECC clearance?

And finally since I am going roundtrip to another Asian country coming back to the Philippines a week later, do I in fact need a throw away ticket, even though I have the BB Privilege?

My BB Privilege understandings are:

If you leave the Phils within the one time frame no ECC or Travel Tax is due

The one year + out of the country requirement is not enforced (and may have been removed) so regardless of how long or short you were out of the country you will get the BB Privilege as long as you return with your wife.

If you stay in the Phils longer than 12 months you need to start Tourist Visa extensions. Maximum renewals as a tourist will be 24 months (your 12 months BB Privilege counts in the 36 month max allowed stay). Tourist ECC will be required and available at the airport from 18-24 months (the normal 6-12 month Tourist requirement plus your 12 month BB Privilege time). Tourist ECC will be required from full BI Office (like Manila or Cebu, not a satellite office like Dumaguete) from 24-36 months stay.

• Like 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 2/17/2018 at 4:58 PM, Dave Hounddriver said:

There used to be a lot of "under the table" BB stamps being applied to passports.  If certain officials suspect such a thing they have been known to thoroughly grill the expat trying to leave

I knew a Dutch man in Talisay who spent months in Jail and 300k because of that.Albeit 5 years ago.

Edited by sonjack2847
Added a word
  • Thanks 1

virginprune
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, AlwaysRt said:

My BB Privilege understandings a Tourist ECC will be required from full BI Office (like Manila or Cebu, not a satellite office like Dumaguete) from 24-36 months stay.

I'm on tourist visa, this October my 36 months are up. I can get my ECC in my local field office. This was confirmed to me this week when I did my 6 month ext.

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
On 2/22/2018 at 6:53 AM, virginprune said:

I'm on tourist visa, this October my 36 months are up. I can get my ECC in my local field office. This was confirmed to me this week when I did my 6 month ext.

Which office is that? I am not aware of a list anywhere of offices that do in fact issue the ECC so it might be helpful to start making one.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, AlwaysRt said:

Which office is that? I am not aware of a list anywhere of offices that do in fact issue the ECC so it might be helpful to start making one.

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/images/DirectoryOfTransactions/2017_Jul/2017Jun22_DirectoryOfTransaction.pdf

Use it with a grain of salt.  Best to call the office as this list was not accurate for 13a.

Our little Olongapo field office does ECC-a.

virginprune
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, AlwaysRt said:

Both in Gensan and Glan offices