Has anyone heard of Itechie Televisions?

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted

65" ridiculous price on Lazada, a few good reviews there but no luck searching for any reviews on the internet. Even though it is cheap for what it is, the price is a bit much for just a shot in the dark.

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, AlwaysRt said:

65" ridiculous price on Lazada, a few good reviews there but no luck searching for any reviews on the internet. Even though it is cheap for what it is, the price is a bit much for just a shot in the dark.

No experience with that particular brand, but.... There is always a but. I have noticed that it doesn't pay to buy non name brand big screens. I've seen too many of them develop a dead pixel in the middle 1/3 of the screen and it renders them annoying to watch. I'd rather watch a name brand 40 inch than an off brand 65 inch with a dead pixel.

• Like 5

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, robert k said:

No experience with that particular brand, but.... There is always a but. I have noticed that it doesn't pay to buy non name brand big screens. I've seen too many of them develop a dead pixel in the middle 1/3 of the screen and it renders them annoying to watch. I'd rather watch a name brand 40 inch than an off brand 65 inch with a dead pixel.

I typically agree, however on a fixed income, paying off my US trip and upcoming trips to Manila and Singapore (surprise honeymoon/anniversary trip = Not cheap), I am fully into Dave's 'Cheap Name Brand' shopping style. However, even the cheap name brand (that I do know) is an additional p40,000. p4,000 I would go with what I know, p40,000 and it is either a limited time great promo to get exposure - or a waste of money. With so many electronics manufacturers selling the exact same product (except for the name), it is possible that it is good. OR it could be just a crap knockoff using rejected displays. The hard part is figuring out which. 

• Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

There are only one or two display manufactures in the world, LG being the biggest I believe. If the tele is that cheap it's likely a second grade screen, ie a couple of pixals already gone from new.

• Like 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted (edited)

Here is the link, has a 7 day full refund return policy. Since I use it for everything (computer monitor, chatting on forums, youtube, movies...) it will be on a majority of that time. Any bad pixels should show themselves well within that timeframe so I am thinking electronics are pretty much good or bad out of the gate, if good to start with will probably be good a few years?

Edited by AlwaysRt
http://www.lazada.com.ph/itechie-65-4k-smart-led-tv-black-f-6500-10225164.html?mp=1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

That is really cheap.  Too cheap.  And you have to take a chance on Lazada, sight unseen.  Do they have a warranty?

Do you really need a 65?  That should be a big room for proper viewing.  A lot of people might put them in a smaller room but that is far from optimal.  Maybe a 55 would be good for you but of course, I know nothing about your room!  If you haven't done so, do some research on screen size and optimal viewing distance.

• Like 3

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

That is really cheap.  Too cheap.  And you have to take a chance on Lazada, sight unseen.  Do they have a warranty?

Do you really need a 65?  That should be a big room for proper viewing.  A lot of people might put them in a smaller room but that is far from optimal.  Maybe a 55 would be good for you but of course, I know nothing about your room!  If you haven't done so, do some research on screen size and optimal viewing distance.

They have 7 day 100% return refund.

I have a 50 inch now and have to move the couch to the middle of the room to be able to read and type like I am right now. Watching videos, movies etc are fine when the couch is back against the wall but I can't read a damn thing at that distance (6.8 meters/22 feet wall to wall, closer to 20 feet screen to eyeballs). My back can't take sitting up straight or leaning forward for hours at a proper desk, sitting in my recliner (couch) is how I get by day to day.

• Like 3

robert k
Posted
Posted
27 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

I have a 50 inch now and have to move the couch to the middle of the room to be able to read and type like I am right now. Watching videos, movies etc are fine when the couch is back against the wall but I can't read a damn thing at that distance (6.8 meters/22 feet wall to wall, closer to 20 feet screen to eyeballs). My back can't take sitting up straight or leaning forward for hours at a proper desk, sitting in my recliner (couch) is how I get by day to day.

I hope it works out for you. 

Electronics do have a burn in period in which they either settle down or fail. In my experience it has been closer to 90 days, but that was with higher quality components.

• Like 3

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, AlwaysRt said:

I use 50" TVs but I listened to Mom and quit as soon as I needed glasses.

:nudie::56da64b64cbd8_36_6_31::hystery:

jpbago
Posted
Posted

Has anyone heard of Itechie Televisions?

The name seems like the Chinese version of Hitachi.

• Like 3