Has anyone heard of Itechie Televisions?

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, AlwaysRt said:

They have 7 day 100% return refund.

I have a 50 inch now and have to move the couch to the middle of the room to be able to read and type like I am right now. Watching videos, movies etc are fine when the couch is back against the wall but I can't read a damn thing at that distance (6.8 meters/22 feet wall to wall, closer to 20 feet screen to eyeballs). My back can't take sitting up straight or leaning forward for hours at a proper desk, sitting in my recliner (couch) is how I get by day to day.

You may have done it already, but test out any 65 at a store for the reading and typing aspect, from the distance you need.  It might not be any better than your current 50.  Good luck!

• Like 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

You may have done it already, but test out any 65 at a store for the reading and typing aspect, from the distance you need.  It might not be any better than your current 50.  Good luck!

I would but the store is in Manila and I am in Dumaguete. My current tv is 1080p and this one is 4k which I don't see actually using at that resolution (not going to use limited bandwidth to download video that looks good at 720p and want to be able to read text across the room). So same quality picture is fine by me, just need it to actually work and not have dead pixels.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I looked at the reviews from "verified purchasers".  There are only 3.  They each give 5 stars.  You know the adage in Phils is never buy anything you cannot afford to walk away from.  Well I believe you could afford to walk away from that if you don't like the quality or at least sell it to a local for half price and you are only out about half what you paid.

Warranty at Lazada?  Used to be good but I have not heard anything good about their warranty policy since aliexpress bought them out. So buyer beware, your warranty may require it being shipped to China for repairs.  That's 2 months to get it there, 2 months to get it fixed, and 2 months to get it back and if it breaks a second time it will be off warranty.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Be sure to let us know how it works for you if you decide to buy. 

• Like 3

frozenmystic28
Posted
Posted

I have one, my only complain is the audio, it sucks! you need to look for a good speaker for it.

• Like 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, frozenmystic28 said:

I have one, my only complain is the audio, it sucks! you need to look for a good speaker for it.

I do everything through my laptop and rout the audio from mini din out to powered speakers anyway so no problem there. Do you have the same 65" or different size? How is the picture quality?

frozenmystic28
Posted
Posted
On 6/26/2017 at 8:17 PM, AlwaysRt said:

I do everything through my laptop and rout the audio from mini din out to powered speakers anyway so no problem there. Do you have the same 65" or different size? How is the picture quality?

I got this one, Itechie 55" FHD LED TV Black F-5500. Picture and quality is fine.

• Like 1

bigpearl
Posted
Posted
On 27/06/2017 at 4:46 PM, AlwaysRt said:

OK, rolled the dice. TV on order...

I'm sure it will be fine and hope you enjoy. Let us know what you think once you trial the unit.

Cheers, Steve.

• Like 3

RBM
Posted
Posted
On 6/26/2017 at 3:46 PM, Dave Hounddriver said:

I looked at the reviews from "verified purchasers".  There are only 3.  They each give 5 stars.  You know the adage in Phils is never buy anything you cannot afford to walk away from.  Well I believe you could afford to walk away from that if you don't like the quality or at least sell it to a local for half price and you are only out about half what you paid.

Warranty at Lazada?  Used to be good but I have not heard anything good about their warranty policy since aliexpress bought them out. So buyer beware, your warranty may require it being shipped to China for repairs.  That's 2 months to get it there, 2 months to get it fixed, and 2 months to get it back and if it breaks a second time it will be off warranty.

Support your comments Dave, since are last hassle trying  get a refund  for broken delivered coffee press we have given up. No more Lazada for us.