Do you have an Expat Medicine Kit?

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted
38 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

Are you saying your wife is old and grew up with Noah!? Certainly not ... :hystery:

Of course not, she grew up in Pampanga.  :smile:

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:89: Do you have an Expat Medicine Kit? Is the Title but I sit and wonder just what is an Expat medical kit

Apart from the norm of Antibacterial wash and stuff band aids bandages that we all use local or Expat things we may have would in many cases be of little use for some stings and things we get here.

The Wife and I did an us and them list of our views of what a Kit should Contain and you know what there was very little difference really except hers was more on a cure basis rather than a Treat. So not wanting to muddy or Hijack the Thread/Topic can I ask the OP and anyone else What do they consider an EXPAT Medical kit against a normal medical Kit?

Jack:whistling: Knocking off now to feed the Dogs and see what the Kitchen holds for me 

:89::huh: bet it's salad again :56da64a571a25_7_4_171:

• Like 3

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

:89: Do you have an Expat Medicine Kit? Is the Title but I sit and wonder just what is an Expat medical kit

Apart from the norm of Antibacterial wash and stuff band aids bandages that we all use local or Expat things we may have would in many cases be of little use for some stings and things we get here.

The Wife and I did an us and them list of our views of what a Kit should Contain and you know what there was very little difference really except hers was more on a cure basis rather than a Treat. So not wanting to muddy or Hijack the Thread/Topic can I ask the OP and anyone else What do they consider an EXPAT Medical kit against a normal medical Kit?

Jack:whistling: Knocking off now to feed the Dogs and see what the Kitchen holds for me 

:89::huh: bet it's salad again :56da64a571a25_7_4_171:

For the single guys I'd hazard a guess at lots of antibiotics, condoms and a credit card. 

• Like 4

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted
On 7/1/2017 at 11:34 AM, Jack Peterson said:

So not wanting to muddy or Hijack the Thread/Topic can I ask the OP and anyone else What do they consider an EXPAT Medical kit against a normal medical Kit?

Thanks for the question Jack! .

Here's a brief summary of items that are recommended for an 'Expat Medical Kit' (from the following link):

https://klmhealthservices.com/en/business/travelling-with-a-medical-kit/

“The kit includes items such as over-the-counter medicine, first aid items, bandages, mosquito repellent (DEET), and a thermometer.”

For me, Lomotil is a must, since I can never predict when I’ll end up with the ‘runs’ again... and  loperamide (Imodium) just doesn't work for me.

Also, Solmux and Bioflu are also a must have, since I tend to get phlegm (in my lungs and sinuses) quite often over here (especially during the rainy season).

Other needs, as previously mentioned, will depend on personal issues, such as whether you are married or not. :smile:

Capture.JPG

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
55 minutes ago, Mark Berkowitz said:

Other needs, as previously mentioned, will depend on personal issues, such as whether you are married or not. :smile:

:whistling:Being in the Country we are, I think you might get a question Like "What are these"? :89:

• Like 2

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted

22 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

:whistling:Being in the Country we are, I think you might get a question Like "What are these"? :89:

Agreed! I left myself wide-open. :hystery::hystery:  :hystery:

• Like 1

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted

Jack--for an all purpose kit I guess one could opt for different kinds/sizes of bandages and ice packs antibacterial wash Betadine  surgical gloves, scissors cotton balls etc. Imodium, aspirin, Tylenol,  Benadryl capsules and Benedryl cream or a hydrocortizone ointment  in case of dangerous or allergic insect bites or for adverse/allergic food reactions for some. Tiger Balm for muscle pains and as a decongestant and for anti-itch of mosquito bites, antacid tablets, antibacterial ointment. You might have have to sometimes replace items that end up getting expired over time, and luckily they hadn't been used yet.:smile:

For me the only reason that it might be called an expat medical kit was that an expat got the idea and prepared such a kit, no different than any other kind, except that some of these items might be most helpful in the tropics.:smile:

• Like 2

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

You may want to upgrade your Ex-Pat medical kit to a "bug out" bag in the event of a hurricane, earthquake insurrection or volcanic eruption. The bag would include clothes, personal documents or copies, non-perishable food, water, money, etc.  Just grab the bag and be out of the house with 30 seconds.

• Like 4

Gary D
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Mark Berkowitz said:

Thanks for the question Jack! .

Here's a brief summary of items that are recommended for an 'Expat Medical Kit' (from the following link):

https://klmhealthservices.com/en/business/travelling-with-a-medical-kit/

“The kit includes items such as over-the-counter medicine, first aid items, bandages, mosquito repellent (DEET), and a thermometer.”

For me, Lomotil is a must, since I can never predict when I’ll end up with the ‘runs’ again... and  loperamide (Imodium) just doesn't work for me.

Also, Solmux and Bioflu are also a must have, since I tend to get phlegm (in my lungs and sinuses) quite often over here (especially during the rainy season).

Capture.JPG

And bring your own as when I bought some from the local market they came singular, and the looks I got when I asked for multiples:shades: Also the local ones are very tight and short.:hystery:

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Gary D said:

And bring your own as when I bought some from the local market they came singular, and the looks I got when I asked for multiples:shades: Also the local ones are very tight and short.:hystery:

Do they shrink to fit ? :mocking:

• Like 2