Internet Service - What are the acceptable options?

jpbago
Posted
Posted

I get 3.17 mbps down and 73 up with PLDT DSL for 1299p in Negros Occ near to Bacolod. No trouble streaming, some buffering in the AM on some sites. At least once a year, we lose the signal due to bad wires but they fix it in 1 or 2 days.

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, jpbago said:

I get 3.17 mbps down and 73 up with PLDT DSL for 1299p in Negros Occ near to Bacolod. No trouble streaming, some buffering in the AM on some sites. At least once a year, we lose the signal due to bad wires but they fix it in 1 or 2 days.

What you have said here seems to match up with the p1299 plan I see on the PLDT web site.

http://pldthome.com/dsl

What is confusing is that some others have posted some vastly different costs for PLDT, compared to what is on the PLDT website.  How could the costs be so high?  Inquiring minds want to know, if anybody wants to elaborate on their PLDT plan cost.

jpbago
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

What you have said here seems to match up with the p1299 plan I see on the PLDT web site.

http://pldthome.com/dsl

What is confusing is that some others have posted some vastly different costs for PLDT, compared to what is on the PLDT website.  How could the costs be so high?  Inquiring minds want to know, if anybody wants to elaborate on their PLDT plan cost.

It was even better for the 1st year as it was a switch promo. Bring in a bill from another company, (Globe), switch to PLDT and pay 1/2 price for the 1st year. (649p) Speed has been consistent slightly over 3. I complain about most things here but not this.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

if anybody wants to elaborate on their PLDT plan cost.

There's your trouble.  You are using the singular "PLDT plan".  They make sure they have enough "plans" to confuse a supreme court justice and then add promos to the mix from time to time.  They used to phone or email me at least once a week with some new "plan"  until I insisted that they stop.

With PLDT, as with many things Philippines, your mileage may vary.

roddavis
Posted
Posted

Then you can get PLDT Fibre where available. I'm in a small town(Mainggit) near Balamban Cebu. They offer upto 1 GB. We purchased the 50 Mbit, unlimited for P2899. Uploads at 56 Mbit, downloads @70Mbit. I believe the first 6 months is at half price. Customer service not the best. After we got it installed for a week, then it went down cuz of construction in Toledo(workers accidently cut underground fibre). Customer service was contacted several times, they did't know what was wrong and gave us BS, and said would be working by the end of the day. Had to contact SO's cousin that works for them to get the real story. And after the 5th day, still no contact from customer services that it was finally repaired. I just happen to notice the red light on fibre modem(LOS loss of signal), went out. Tried a connect and bang right back in.

mogo51
Posted
Posted
On 6/28/2017 at 11:21 AM, Mark Berkowitz said:

When in the Philippines, learn to expect less and be presently surprised when you get more.

Capture.JPG

For what it’s worth, this is my ‘high-speed’ connection out in the provinces.

Is it wifi or cable for this speed - it is pretty slow.  I am on 20mps here in Thailand and know that will be a thing of the past when I get there soon.

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted (edited)

"Acceptable Options" would be whatever you can live without and whatever fits your budget. 

I want "speed" and WIFI , so I subscribe to  wireless fiber optics for my computers. 

Here in the PI  it is still slow. 

Edited by Gratefuled

Howard
Posted
Posted

After many trials and errors we finally got Sky cable here in Pasig city. It's great!

IMG_0160.PNG

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted

I have the Globe p1,299 10mb/50GB plan. Not currently getting consistent 10mb since I moved from one part of Valencia to another, if you look at my half a$$ antenna install you will see both why I haven't yet bothered to install correctly (pretty good speed just sitting there) and why I am not getting 10mb anymore (antenna leaning against the wall in a bunch of vines).

20170703_101534.jpg20170703_101554.jpg

robert k
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, AlwaysRt said:

I have the Globe p1,299 10mb/50GB plan. Not currently getting consistent 10mb since I moved from one part of Valencia to another, if you look at my half a$$ antenna install you will see both why I haven't yet bothered to install correctly (pretty good speed just sitting there) and why I am not getting 10mb anymore (antenna leaning against the wall in a bunch of vines).

20170703_101534.jpg20170703_101554.jpg

That ping looks good, I know people whose international ping is 4-5 times that? I presume that is a local ping.