Drinking in the Philippines and the risks?

Jake
Posted
Posted

You English gents got me googling again -- had to look up "tipple", thinking that Paul misspelled it and wanted the letter "n" instead. Especially when his photo of his lips was injured due to tipple and NOT nipple.  

Tippled lips.JPG 

Ah yes, Emperador is a local brandy that's gaining popularity throughout Asia.  Normally consumed among young successful Filipinos who like to bring out the "good stuff".  Yeah, it definitely kicked my ass on more than one occasion.  

By the way Paul, I would love to see your next video of your fighter piloting skills flying your drone while under the influence of your favorite brandy.  That would be a Kodak moment......he, he.  

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I like OPOL best.  Its a nice relaxing way to drink and pretty cheap.  Usually quite tasty.   What is OPOL you ask?  Well its Other People's Offered Liquor and I accept with a thank you.

Not in Ynot you don`t.

• Like 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Kuya John said:

I have heard of the expression  wrapping yourself in cotton wool but never bubble wrap! :tiphat:

Learnt my lessen years ago in fact in my 20's, Rum and Black never touched the stuff since.

A couple of beers and that's  it for me or wine with a meal.

I like rum and coke but it does not like me.I used to keep a bottle here and finish off the evening with it when I came back from the bar.I have stopped doing it now as I could never get the correct measure in the glass and ended up ratfaced (google it Jake).I now stick to SMB it fills me up before I lose my faculties and after all it is only 23 peso a bottle if I buy a case,or 30 if I get it from the sari store.I like a beer but I see many people here who are bored and drink themselves into an early grave.

• Like 5