So, what are your sports interests, games and/or hobbies?

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Photography for me, anything that looks interesting to me I will take that picture and try to make it better, I am hoping to do lots more later on in life, bike ridding off road it's to dangerous on roads, and just chilling watching the world go by.

The last one I am good at all ready.

• Like 3

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, stevewool said:

Photography for me, anything that looks interesting to me I will take that picture and try to make it better, I am hoping to do lots more later on in life, bike ridding off road it's to dangerous on roads, and just chilling watching the world go by.

The last one I am good at all ready.

Photography. Now that is an interesting hobby. I wish I had a camera with me here every time I saw something interesting. 

Interesting to me is something out of the ordinary. Something unique. Something beautiful or something one does not see every day.

Really good cameras are expensive and one has to know what to buy with what features. 

A small camera with built in telephoto lens and wide angle lens. Emphasis on small. Like it can fit in my pocket.

Oh Well.

Edited by Gratefuled
  • Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Gratefuled said:

Photography. Now that is an interesting hobby. I wish I had a camera with me here every time I saw something interesting. 

Interesting to me is something out of the ordinary. Something unique. Something beautiful or something one does not see every day.

Really good cameras are expensive and one has to know what to buy with what features. 

A small camera with built in telephoto lens and wide angle lens. Emphasis on small. Like it can fit in my pocket.

Oh Well.

I am lucky I have a decent camera with the lenses and other gadgets that I need to help with my photos, I also have a nice cannon that fits in your pocket.

Plus get a decent mobile phone they have great cameras in them these days, great for that close up picture, but you could not blow the picture up to much , not like a good DSLR.

• Like 2

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
29 minutes ago, stevewool said:

I am lucky I have a decent camera with the lenses and other gadgets that I need to help with my photos, I also have a nice cannon that fits in your pocket.

Plus get a decent mobile phone they have great cameras in them these days, great for that close up picture, but you could not blow the picture up to much , not like a good DSLR.

Thanks. I just might look into this amateur photography hobby.

stevewool
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Gratefuled said:

Thanks. I just might look into this amateur photography hobby.

These pictures taken this morning on my mobile phone the last one was yesterday.IMG_20170629_100012708-01.jpegIMG_20170629_100641409-01.jpegIMG_20170629_100602295-01.jpegIMG_20170629_103650-01.jpegIMG_20170628_195601-01.jpeg

• Like 4

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

What kind of cell phone is it?  Not a Smart phone, I hope. 

Nice pics by the way. 

mogo51
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, jpbago said:

The 5 or 6 Aussie horse races that I can do online betting are the only ones in the world that I cannot watch live. Says stream was rejected but I can watch 85 other ones from USA, Canada, England, Japan, Hong Kong, Belgium, France, and more.

Do you have a VPN on your streamer box?  It is probably being clocked by Government.  They do it here, but I get around it with a VPN.

mogo51
Posted
Posted

So just read your post again, is this a gaming channel, as opposed to what I watch, the actual racing channel in Australia?

Guy F.
Posted
Posted

Reading, snorkeling, online Texas Holdem poker, mountain biking, fishing, footbag (hacky sack), perving.

I don't bike or fish in the Phils- It's too hot to bike and fishing is the locals' ricebowl. I used to be a serious rock climber and skier until arthritis caught up with me.

• Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Gratefuled said:

What kind of cell phone is it?  Not a Smart phone, I hope. 

Nice pics by the way. 

Ed, as far as I know you won't get a great camera on a dumb phone. You can get a what I would call a fairly decent camera on on a $300 USD new phone. Not professional quality, will not take great low light or night pictures but does a good job in daylight. I just ordered a new phone to replace my old one because the new one has better battery life and a better camera, Xiaomi Mi Max2 for $269. Older phones that had "flagship" cameras at the time can be fairly cheap. I had a Huawei Honor2 and while the camera was just 8MP it was a good one with Backside Illumination with a staged dual tone flash and old stock of those can be had for $100 from Amazon. Battery life isn't great with data [low grade 3G] turned on but if you are using it as a dumb phone with data turned off would be decent. GF got hold of that one and I never got it back. Point being a good 8MP camera is better than a mediocre 13MP-16MP. I like a phone with a decent camera because it's generally the camera you have at hand when you want one. Like the fantastic quality pictures of the guys car after he rear ended me and the video of him climbing in and out of the window of the car 5 times while claiming he had hurt his back  :89:

Edited by robert k
  • Like 2