Predicitng Earthquakes... where will the next Lindol occur?

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted

Can earthquakes really be predicted?

I've found a place where they have been 'spot on' at least twice with their earthquake predictions for the Philippines.

Maybe it's just blind luck or maybe they're actually on to something?

http://www.earthquakepredict.com/2017/06/quake-weather-27th-june-2017-global.html

Capture-1.JPG

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Mark Berkowitz said:

Can earthquakes really be predicted?

Sure they can Mark, along fault lines and near volcanos, I predict that they will 100% happen in the future:thumbsup:.

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, scott h said:

Sure they can Mark, along fault lines and near volcanos, I predict that they will 100% happen in the future:thumbsup:.

Yes, that's true BUT where have you seen a prediction for the exact date that they will occur?

The website (that I referenced) has correctly predicted the date for least two earthquakes on Luzon and a score of others on (and around) Mindanao.

Edited by Mark Berkowitz
  • Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Mark Berkowitz said:

The website (that I referenced) has correctly predicted the date for least two earthquakes

I find these Website very misleading, If anyone could predict an exact location and time/date they would be very Rich people.

If it were known as suggested we would not build there, Would We?

NAH! sorry but nature just does not conform to our wants and Safety, These things will come as they Do & where they Do because it is nature

Jack:huh:

Morning All:morning1:

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, Mark Berkowitz said:

BUT where have you seen a prediction for the exact date that they will occur?

Last time I saw a prediction for the exact date and time any cataclysmic event would happen, and all the scientists actually agreed on it, was midnight Dec 31, 1999 . . remember Y2K. . . .  . fizzle . . . . . pop . . .  squat.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

I looked pretty closely, I did not see how many dates and times they predicted that were wrong. Not saying that these folks are not on to something, but me, myself and I are going to stick to the USGS, a well built building and some emergency food in the house.

• Like 3

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Last time I saw a prediction for the exact date and time any cataclysmic event would happen, and all the scientists actually agreed on it, was midnight Dec 31, 1999 . . remember Y2K. . . .  . fizzle . . . . . pop . . .  squat.

As a former employee of a Y2K consulting group, we laughed at any possibility of a cataclysmic event ever occurring of Jan 1st 2000.

To us, it was just a great way to make an easy living.  :thumbsup:  :hystery:  :thumbsup:

ca-ching.JPG

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
28 minutes ago, Mark Berkowitz said:

As a former employee of a Y2K consulting group, we laughed at any possibility of a cataclysmic event ever occurring of Jan 1st 2000.

To us, it was just a great way to make an easy living.  :thumbsup:  :hystery:  :thumbsup:

I was on the receiving end as I wrote code for a large trucking company.  Almost every one of our customers wanted a letter of indemnity attesting that any of our computer programs would not suffer when 2000 rolled around.  What a waste of time that was!  Interesting factoid - as we got close to December 2000 transportation of truck load quantities of bottled water went way up as people stocked up and cleaned out store shelves.  The folks who manufactured and/or sold generators also made some big bucks based on the fear and hysteria.  You can always drink that extra water, but what are you going to do with the generator that is just taking up space in the garage? :89:

• Like 3

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, Mike J said:

what are you going to do with the generator that is just taking up space in the garage? :89:

Send them to the people who would really appreciate having them?--i.e., us folks with frequent brownouts in the Philippines.  :hystery:

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
55 minutes ago, Mark Berkowitz said:

Send them to the people who would really appreciate having them?--i.e., us folks with frequent brownouts in the Philippines.  :hystery:

Agreed.  They really need them, because there is an earthquake coming :hystery:

• Like 5