New visa requirements, Permanent Residence in Australia,

Clermont
Posted
Posted (edited)

How has the new visa Requirements, for permanent residency in Australia, effected expats of their own country concerning, moving to PI or taking their loved one home ?

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
clarification for non-Aussies

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
41 minutes ago, Clermont said:

How has the new visa Requirements effected expats of their own country concerning, moving to PI or taking their loved one home ?

What NEW Requirements would these be My friend?

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
42 minutes ago, Clermont said:

How has the new visa Requirements effected expats of their own country concerning, moving to PI or taking their loved one home ?

Can you tell us what new requirements we are discussing ? 

Clermont
Posted
Posted

New requirements, Permanent Residence in Australia, takes 11 to 22 months now, up from 5 months after 2 years on 309/100 visa. Citizen ship from 2 to 4 years, no dual citizen citizenship  allowed. Also trying to get federal police check clearance on all sponsors. Extreme venting plus a hefty increase in visa fees. Tourist visas very hard to get for relations to visit if young and no material  ownership. 

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Clermont said:

New requirements, Permanent Residence in Australia,

Ah I see so this has not a lot to do with the Philippines then EH?

Clermont
Posted
Posted

Australia has implemented these new requirements. Over the last two years, PI has implemented quit a few regarding records kept and proof of ownership of records.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Clermont said:

PI has implemented quit a few regarding records kept and proof of ownership of records.

Nope, you have got me here sorry but you are just going to explain this,

All countries are setting new Requirements for  Entry but I have seen or heard about non from the Philippines You just come in on your Passport and extend or get married and get a 13a or go for a SRRV, or a 9g Work Permit, So what's new? I have been here Many many years and it has always been the Same In fact the only change they made of difference was to Grant us an Extra Year on the 9a Tourist from 2 to 3 years and made it a little Harder to leave not to enter and this was 2 or 3 years ago now

Edited by Jack Peterson
added a little
  • Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Edited title for clarity

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
45 minutes ago, Clermont said:

Tourist visas very hard to get for relations to visit if young and no material  ownership. 

I know a Filipina who had no trouble getting a tourist visa and visited I think 3 times. This was only recently as in the past 6 months or so. 

Clermont
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the info on tourist visa, just got in touch with our agent and that was his advice. Wanted to bring wife's son out for a visit before going over full time.