New visa requirements, Permanent Residence in Australia,

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

OK, so simple e-visa for me. what about my wife? Nearly impossible like getting her a visitor visa to the US or reasonable expectation of success? Can someone going through the process share their experience? Reading the rules, especially about visas, rarely conveys how the process actually proceeds.

If she is your legal wife traveling with you there wont be much trouble at all. It is different if she was wanting to visit Australia on her own. 

• Like 4

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

If she is your legal wife traveling with you there wont be much trouble at all. It is different if she was wanting to visit Australia on her own. 

Yes it would be us together on vacation. So free evisa for me and AUD140 for her visa plus processing time? Damn annoying it is easier to take her to other countries than it is to visit my own.

• Like 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted

I don't know were the government get their $ 6 billion tourist statistics from if they make it so hard to visit Australia.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
54 minutes ago, Clermont said:

I don't know were the government get their $ 6 billion tourist statistics from if they make it so hard to visit Australia.

Not hard to visit Australia but that depends on the country you were born in.  

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
33 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Not hard to visit Australia

Not hard to visit if you have lots of money and an e-visa but then I came to Philippines with little money and free visa on arrival so perhaps the $6 billion dollar figure that a previous poster referred to simply means there are fewer tourists but they are richer.

Example:  My brother backpacked around Australia for a whole year at age 18 (35 years ago) and needed nothing but his passport.  He worked under the table on sheep ranches or what have you and met an Australian girl.  They have now been married and living in Australia for 30 years and he has citizenship in Canada, UK and Australia, but Aus has been good to him.  He and his wife are filthy rich.  I bet that can't be done now.

• Like 2