Cooking "for" your partner

stevewool
Posted
Posted (edited)

Living alone after the divorce you soon start to make different meals and maybe even making big portions to last over a few days.

But since being married to Emma my cooking skills have vanished.

Emma does all the cooking at home and even on holiday she loves to cook, now don't get me wrong she loves to be dinner too, but that's a treat.

So does your partner cook.

Here are a few meals she made this week while on holiday here in Mallorca.

IMG_20170701_115317212.jpgIMG_20170630_151544039.jpgIMG_20170629_171335691.jpg

Edited by Old55
  • Like 5

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, stevewool said:

Living alone after the divorce you soon start to make different meals and maybe even making big portions to last over a few days.

But since being married to Emma my cooking skills have vanished.

Emma does all the cooking at home and even on holiday she loves to cook, now don't get me wrong she loves to be dinner too, but that's a treat.

So does your partner cook.

Here are a few meals she made this week while on holiday here in Mallorca.

IMG_20170701_115317212.jpgIMG_20170630_151544039.jpgIMG_20170629_171335691.jpg

WOT NO rice? :hystery:

• Like 5

bigpearl
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Snowy79 said:

I'm still trying to get my head around why Filipinos don't remove the shells from shrimps. Many a good meal has been wasted as I try to remove the shells and just give up.

All the fun of the Fare Snowy.

Cheers, Steve.

• Like 3

bigpearl
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, virginprune said:

My partner cooks and does it well, though limited to Filipino dishes. I tend to cook the majority of the time, including local recipes, because I just really enjoy it. 

Many of her friends that are married to foreigners are jealous that I cook for her, apparently I am the exception when it comes to being in the kitchen. 

Come on lads, all the top chefs are men...:thumbsup:

We cook 50/50, depends on work etc. Backing off on the salt has always been an issue when the better half is cooking and these days he adds it later, shrimp paste, anchovies the same, the chilli paste he makes is the best and I love it. Lamb? No way can I cook a roast lamb or lamb chops/BBQ chops, hates them, he eats goat but not lamb, every thing else is edible, even my Aussie slap togethers. I always eat what is thrown in front of me when he is the cook too.

Cheers, Steve.

• Like 4

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted

I cook until I 'get it right' or as right as possible using locally available ingredients. My wife is eager to help and learn at that stage, kicking me out of the kitchen once the recipe is refined. 

• Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted

I think it's terrible to even discuss "Cooking Your Partner"! :hystery:

• Like 4