Cooking "for" your partner

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

"So does your partner cook" asks Steve.

Yes I do!

My wife is a good cook, but seldom cooks in our house unless it's  to impress Filipino friends!

Since I officially retired and darling wife still working fulltime, I am head chef  and bottle washer.

But I enjoy cooking and have become more experimental with food.

My wife was even surprised how I cooked the rice without a rice cooker! 

• Like 3

Jake
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Kuya John said:

Snowy lad, I would of though a man of the world like you, you would of  solved that problem!

My wife peels them for me I don't  even have to ask , I guess that's true love.:console:

Nothing like the wife peeling the shrimp with peelings of lub.  

• Like 3

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, stevewool said:

Here are a few meals she made this week while on holiday here in Mallorca.

Looks good. I love shrimp.

2 hours ago, Kuya John said:

My wife peels them for me I don't  even have to ask , I guess that's true love.:console:

Same here. Removes the heads, feet and shells for me. 

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Kuya John said:

My wife even eats them for me, cuz for me, yuk. I know, I'm crazy and don't know what I am missing. Having my taste buds is a pain in the a**.

• Like 3

mogo51
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

I'm still trying to get my head around why Filipinos don't remove the shells from shrimps. Many a good meal has been wasted as I try to remove the shells and just give up.

Ahh Snow, persistence is the key!

• Like 3

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Kuya John said:

Snowy lad, I would of though a man of the world like you, you would of  solved that problem!

I'm the only one allowed to have fishy smelling fingers in my house. :whistling:

• Like 4

stevewool
Posted
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, robert k said:

I think it's terrible to even discuss "Cooking Your Partner"! :hystery:

This is what happens when you try to use your phone instead of the laptop, big fat fingers dont help, plus checking what you are sending, ok i cocked up, or cooked up:571c66d400c8c_1(103):

Edited by stevewool
spelling
  • Like 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted

I too hate peeling the shells , but i do , the heads i put to the side of the plate and Emma loves those parts , as she says they are the best and having never sucked the brains or what else is in that part i cannot comment.

• Like 3

bigpearl
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, stevewool said:

I too hate peeling the shells , but i do , the heads i put to the side of the plate and Emma loves those parts , as she says they are the best and having never sucked the brains or what else is in that part i cannot comment.

You should try Steve, very sweet, I am converted by the better half but in saying that I eat any thing and try everything, always have.

Cheers, Steve.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Eddie1
Posted
Posted

Pan fried garlic buttered shrimp, masarap.  It would cost you an arm and a leg in London but in the Phils, cheap as chips! Lol.

• Like 5