• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Horn beats Manny. Was the judging fair?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I'm not a huge boxing fan, but it seems to me you should have to "beat" the title holder to take his belt, not just hold your own.  Did it look like Manny was beaten?  He looked to be the least "beaten up" at the end of the fight so I suspect some bias from the judges.

• Like 3

mogo51
Posted
Posted
58 minutes ago, Old55 said:

Horn beats Manny. Was the judging fair?

I watched the fight, I am a big Manny fan, but the Aussie deserved to win a very close contest.  Very brutal fight, both boxers suffered cuts from head clashes.  Manny has run his race IMO, but very brave in defeat.  I think the judging was very fair, only two points in it.

• Like 3

mogo51
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I'm not a huge boxing fan, but it seems to me you should have to "beat" the title holder to take his belt, not just hold your own.  Did it look like Manny was beaten?  He looked to be the least "beaten up" at the end of the fight so I suspect some bias from the judges.

Disagree with your assumption Dave, he was beaten in a very close contest.  I doubt there will be any suggestion that he was 'robbed'.

• Like 3

Happyhorn52
Posted
Posted

Horn seemed to be the agreesor and probably deserved the win. Hard for anyone but a boxing judge to keep track of home many punches landed in a fight like thar

• Like 3

virginprune
Posted
Posted

Having watched the fight I think the judging was fair. Horn seemed more the aggressor, he probably wanted it more. Manny's strongest round was the 9th, If the rounds were 5 mins he may have pulled it off then. 

I don't think they should have a rematch, if they do and Manny loses again he will lose integrity, he has to know when to call it a day. I mean it's not like he needs the money, he has his political career to concentrate on now. Just my take on it.

Kiwi-Alan
Posted
Posted

At least now he can retire and join all the other crocked pollys in the Phills.         Did he ever sort his tax bill out with the Govt.    

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
33 minutes ago, virginprune said:

I don't think they should have a rematch

I saw the newscasters suggest a rematch to Pacquiao but horn seems to want Mayweather next and could care less about giving Pacquiao a rematch.

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted (edited)

I didn't  watch the fight but I heard a rumour that a Russian  "hacked" the cards of the judges. 

Edited by Gratefuled
  • Like 5