PhilHealth Letter Writing Campain

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I have found, in Philippines, that well worded requests actually get things done IF sent to the right people.  So I have found out the email of PhilHealth's Action Center and will share it here.  If paying 5 times what the locals pay bothers you, as it bothers me, then WRITE and tell them.  Things are changing in the Philippines and I am surprised at the results I get from writing to companies like my bank, PLDT, BI and others.  They are listening.

Phil Health.jpg

The email address to write to is in the lower left of this screen shot.  You will actually have to write it down as I did not make it searchable/linkable

• Like 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I have found, in Philippines, that well worded requests actually get things done IF sent to the right people.  So I have found out the email of PhilHealth's Action Center and will share it here.  If paying 5 times what the locals pay bothers you, as it bothers me, then WRITE and tell them.  Things are changing in the Philippines and I am surprised at the results I get from writing to companies like my bank, PLDT, BI and others.  They are listening.

Phil Health.jpg

The email address to write to is in the lower left of this screen shot.  You will actually have to write it down as I did not make it searchable/linkable

Let us know if you get anywhere with it as we brits are in the same boat.

jpbago
Posted
Posted

Sweet dreams are made of this
Who am I to disagree
Travel the world and the seven seas
Everybody looking for something
Some of them want to use you
Some of them want to get used by you
Some of them want to abuse you
Some of them want to be abused.

https://genius.com/Eurythmics-sweet-dreams-are-made-of-this-lyrics

• Like 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, sonjack2847 said:

Let us know if you get anywhere with it as we brits are in the same boat.

ummm (taps on shoulder), hey mister, I am in the boat also.... :shades:

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
Just now, jpbago said:

Sweet dreams are made of this
Who am I to disagree
Travel the world and the seven seas
Everybody looking for something
Some of them want to use you
Some of them want to get used by you
Some of them want to abuse you
Some of them want to be abused.

https://genius.com/Eurythmics-sweet-dreams-are-made-of-this-lyrics

Very strange, anyone else unable to read the words without hearing the song in their head?

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, AlwaysRt said:

ummm (taps on shoulder), hey mister, I am in the boat also.... :shades:

What I mean by that is that they get free healthcare in the UK as well as Canada.No cold shoulder intended mate.I thought they stopped free HC in the US.

Edited by sonjack2847
  • Like 2

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, sonjack2847 said:

What I mean by that is that they get free healthcare in the UK as well as Canada.No cold shoulder intended mate.I thought they stopped free HC in the US.

Hasn't ever been free healthcare in the States in the same meaning as in the UK or Canada. Especially the kind of free healthcare that refuses to let you take your baby to another hospital and pay for care yourself, telling you it is better to let your child die - and then have two courts uphold the hospital decision over the parents. 

*Sorry, I am certainly heading off topic. Probably need a new one if someone wants to continue in this direction.

As for PhilHealth, they certainly have several points they have to give policy guidance on as the circular that started this mess left many issues unaddressed.

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted
On 7/5/2017 at 10:21 AM, Dave Hounddriver said:

If paying 5 times what the locals pay bothers you, as it bothers me, then WRITE and tell them.  Things are changing in the Philippines and I am surprised at the results I get from writing to companies like my bank, PLDT, BI and others.  They are listening.

Here is another example where the foreigner (me from Canada) has to pay more than my wife (a local) does and that is for the tourist visa. I pay 23.3 times more than my wife pays for 6 months a year for 5 years. She got a TRV for 3050p for 6 months each year good for 5 years (she had a 5 year pp, now they have a 10 year pp). Starting from last October, I paid 14,229p for 6 months stay, in the past 5 years it was 71,445p.

My wife got the 5 year visa in a one time application by mail/courier. In 5 years, I have to go to the BI office 30 times (1st ext of 29 days, then p/u pp in 5 days, next 2 ext plus p/u pp in 5 days times 5).

I really don't think that a letter will change that.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, jpbago said:

I really don't think that a letter will change that.

There is a very high probability you are right.  But there is a higher probability that nothing will change if no-one points out the inequities in the system.  Thus writing a polite letter is unlikely to hurt.

(I highlight "polite" as a bitchin and complainin letter will just piss people off :bonk: )

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

(I highlight "polite" as a bitchin and complainin letter will just piss people off :bonk: )

Yet young man, there are times when they need a Shame Attack :thumbsup:  A Letter like yours in the Press may get even the Local activist Stirred Up

• Like 2