A place in Manila to upload large files through the internet

banyanman
Posted
Posted (edited)

I need to find somewhere in Manila where I can upload two 10GB video files to Hightail so that my clients can download them from there. My PLDT DSL connection at home is supposed to give me a 0.7Mbps upload speed but the files take about 24 hours to upload about 2-3GB then they stall and don't do anything (I think PLDT must have a cap on the uploads). I've been trying without success for more than a week now.

So I need to find somewhere - maybe an upmarket internet cafe - with a very fast fiber connection where I can upload these files to Hightail. I don't mind paying for the service as long as the cost is reasonable.

Anyone know of such a place anywhere in or close to Metro Manila? I would take the files there on an external hard drive.

I live just outside of Metro Manila and we don't have any fiber near here, otherwise I would upgrade my own service.

Edited by banyanman

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Can't help but you have hit on my pet peeve of Philippine Internet.  No matter how fast the download speed, the uploads always go in dribbles.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

It's a long shot but maybe you could contact a PLDT office in the nearest FIBR area, and the local staff might know of one.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, banyanman said:

I need to find somewhere in Manila where I can upload two 10GB video files to Hightail so that my clients can download them from there.

Can you compress them ? 

Example of online compression,   https://clipchamp.com/en

Google it :thumbsup:

banyanman
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Can you compress them ? 

Example of online compression,   https://clipchamp.com/en

Google it :thumbsup:

Unfortunately I can't compress them because they are MXF files for broadcast.

banyanman
Posted
Posted
On 7/5/2017 at 8:30 PM, OnMyWay said:

It's a long shot but maybe you could contact a PLDT office in the nearest FIBR area, and the local staff might know of one.

Yes that might be my only option. But given my previous experiences with PLDT front office staff, I'm not very hopeful any of them will know.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, banyanman said:

Unfortunately I can't compress them because they are MXF files for broadcast.

I disagree and google says with this search term,, MXF files, how to compress,

https://www.google.com.ph/search?q=MXF+files&rlz=1C1_____enAU455AU455&oq=MXF+files&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#q=MXF+files,+how+to+compress

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, banyanman said:

given my previous experiences with PLDT front office staff

Agreed, but I have had amazingly good information from their Facebook messenger.  They usually give reliable information.  This is their official page and if you have a PLDT account already be sure to give them your account number as they seem to give better service to their existing customers https://www.facebook.com/PLDTHome/

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
49 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Agreed, but I have had amazingly good information from their Facebook messenger.

People always act like I am crazy when I tell them Facebook IS the internet in the Philippines. This is another of many examples you give proving out that statement.

• Like 3

banyanman
Posted
Posted
On 7/7/2017 at 3:20 AM, Jollygoodfellow said:

Sorry my previous post wasn't clear. I realise you can compress MXF files, but I can't compress these because they are intended for HD broadcast, so we want maximum possible quality.

• Like 1