Bill of Sale for a Motorcycle

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted

It seems that when my husband purchased his motorcycle a couple of years ago from an expat through OLX, all he needed from the seller was a hand written and dated "Bill of Sale" in a format that Mogo suggested,  stating who he was and who he was selling the motorcycle to etc. His girlfriend signed also as a "witness". No lawyer was involved.

Nobody at the LTO had any questions about it, and my husband got the motorcycle changed over to his name. Pretty straight forward.

• Like 2

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Queenie O. said:

It seems that when my husband purchased his motorcycle a couple of years ago from an expat through OLX, all he needed from the seller was a hand written and dated "Bill of Sale" in a format that Mogo suggested,  stating who he was and who he was selling the motorcycle to etc. His girlfriend signed also as a "witness". No lawyer was involved.

Nobody at the LTO had any questions about it, and my husband got the motorcycle changed over to his name. Pretty straight forward.

That sounds reasonable and more normal to me. However, I think I will follow Dave's footpath as it is a convenient place to meet anyway and $10 is very reasonable for 'liability insurance'.

• Like 4

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I have found that whoever you deal with here can have their own ideas or rules about how to get things done.It seems that no two offices are dealing with the same set of guidelines.

• Like 4

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

I have found that whoever you deal with here can have their own ideas or rules about how to get things done.It seems that no two offices are dealing with the same set of guidelines.

Yes, exactly my point. It is better to keep sales receipts as proof of ownership just in case.

I never kept the receipt of my bike that was stolen so if it ever was found, I could never prove that it was mine.

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
50 minutes ago, Gratefuled said:

Yes, exactly my point. It is better to keep sales receipts as proof of ownership just in case.

I never kept the receipt of my bike that was stolen so if it ever was found, I could never prove that it was mine.

If you pay me well I will give it back, no questions asked :shades:

• Like 1

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

If you pay me well I will give it back, no questions asked :shades:

If you sat on it, it's probably not worth salvaging. Just keep it .

Don't never say I never gave you anything. 

I'm not as dumb as I look. :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

Edited by Gratefuled