Recommendations for Dentists in Manila

banyanman
Posted
Posted

I'm wondering if anyone has any up-to-date recommendations for a good dentist in Metro Manila? There are a couple of threads on this board on this topic, but they are a couple of years old, and didn't produce any recommendations of the type I'm looking for.  I'm not looking for a dentist in a shopping mall (I've had bad experiences with those here) and I'm not looking for someone in Banawe to do a cheap job - I'm looking for a top notch dentist who most likely already has a substantial expat clientele.

I've been living in the Philippines for 7 years, and during that time I've returned to Malaysia (where I used to live) on about three occasions for check-ups and treatment by a very good Chinese dentist that looked after me there for more than 10 years. He had an excellent reputation and people used to fly all the way from Australian to be treated by him when they had major work to do (apparently what he charged was about a third of what they charge in Australia and for major work it was cheaper to go to Malaysia even when taking into account the cost of airfares and 10 days accommodation).

But I'm not visiting Malaysia much these days so would like to find someone as good here in the Philippines.  Or do all the good dentists go overseas to work?

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

I can give you my dentists info here in San Dionisio, Paranaque. If that location is good for you, ill send you a private message with info

• 4 weeks later...
banyanman
Posted
Posted
On 7/7/2017 at 6:08 AM, scott h said:

I can give you my dentists info here in San Dionisio, Paranaque. If that location is good for you, ill send you a private message with info

Sorry I missed seeing your earlier message Scott.  I ended up doing some extensive research online looking at clinics that had international accreditation and good reviews. I narrowed that down to seven clinics in total which included three in Makati, one in Paranaque, and one in Caloocan.  I ended up going to the one in Caloocan because that was the nearest to where I live, and was very satisfied with the service there. The dentist who treated me  was as good as the Chinese dentist I had in Malaysia and actually cheaper.

In case anyone is wondering, the other two clinics on my 'top 7 list' were in Angeles City and Legaspi.  I was surprised that there weren't more reviews for dentists in Cebu given the number of expats that live there.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, banyanman said:

I was surprised that there weren't more reviews for dentists in Cebu given the number of expats that live there.

Do you mean here on the forum? The topic title asks about Manila so most wont recommend someone from another city. 

On 7/7/2017 at 6:08 AM, scott h said:

No need for private message unless you own the dentist clink or have a reason to get a financial gain. In other words there is nothing wrong with sharing info on the public side of the forum. 

banyanman
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Do you mean here on the forum? The topic title asks about Manila so most wont recommend someone from another city. 

No, I was actually referring to the research that I did on the internet on dentists in the Philippines that were internationally accredited.  My comment was just an aside because I'd thought that if clinics in Legaspi and Angeles were achieving international recognition, there would be at least some in Cebu that would have comparable ratings.

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Then again, there are always those few super helpful members who will make suggestions and after a couple more posts you find out they are talking about Australia or the US or the UK.... Last time I checked the map those were countries outside of the Philippines, and therefore irrelevant answers... LOL (sorry, I guess this is an 'up at 3am with a pain in the ass back' rant, and irrelevant also)

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
46 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

Then again, there are always those few super helpful members who will make suggestions and after a couple more posts you find out they are talking about Australia or the US or the UK.... Last time I checked the map those were countries outside of the Philippines, and therefore irrelevant answers... LOL (sorry, I guess this is an 'up at 3am with a pain in the ass back' rant, and irrelevant also)

Sometimes it's best to say nothing because some people dont understand that the other party is trying to help or dont read correctly. Funny you know, I recall your air conditioning topic and the same f,en aircons are here in the Phils so thats why it was mentioned.  Rant over :thumbsup:

stevewool
Posted
Posted
58 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

(sorry, I guess this is an 'up at 3am with a pain in the ass back' rant, and irrelevant also)

Can anyone recommend a chiropractor  for our friend.:smile:

• Like 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
51 minutes ago, stevewool said:

Can anyone recommend a chiropractor  for our friend.:smile:

Actually there is a good one on the North side of Dumaguete. Actually planning an a massage today, found a masseuse at a spa in town that figured out my back. Last time she got it to pop 20+ times and then walked on it making the muscles relax. Some guys go places for a happy ending, I am much happier with a pain-free ending....

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Sometimes it's best to say nothing because some people dont understand that the other party is trying to help or dont read correctly. Funny you know, I recall your air conditioning topic and the same f,en aircons are here in the Phils so thats why it was mentioned.  Rant over :thumbsup:

Is that the 'I bought a portable aircon in Florida why don't you read the manufacturer's website' thread that I posted back their US website lists it but the manufacturer's Philippine and International websites do not? (meaning they are not in fact here in the Phils - unless brought or shipped from the US?)