My Wife wants to Drive the car!

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:89: She has a License but never driven a car, So can I teach her? No in a short answer Why? mainly because she and many others I know ( Wives that is) cannot just follow simple Instructions on things, It is not like riding your Bike I say, So I now do (In readiness for the Pours later when I cave in) Do what I did in the UK when I trained for an Advanced Drivers Course. I give a Running Commentary on what is happening. Now before it was what I was doing and why, now it is what the others are doing and what they are doing wrong. So as we go by I say did you get that, NO I was looking at this and that but Honey, you must concentrate on what I am doing, WHY? you are Driving. YES dear but I am trying to get you into thinking ahead based on what is happening around you. I was, I was waving at So and So confused-man.png WTF do we do here fellow members?

• Like 4

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted

I gave up trying to teach mine to ride a motorcycle. 'Too shy to me' to listen and do what I say. Turned her over to a friend to teach her which helped her a little and my nerves a lot. I do try and do the running commentary also, telling her how far down the road I am looking, what I am looking for, and when/why I know someone is going to do something stupid before they do it. She is learning from it, slowly, and certainly not enough for me to feel safe with her driving.

Her latest thing is wanting to go to driving school, if nothing else at least that kicks down the road the day she will be driving on it.

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, scott h said:

want to End the marriage?   teach her

want to stay together?? hire someone

:thumbsup:

No matter which way I go I Fear for the car :SugarwareZ-034:

• Like 5

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
Just now, Jack Peterson said:

No matter which way I go I Fear for the car :SugarwareZ-034:

With no kids I have been sticking to 'nope' on the 'I want a car to drive' issue. While less expensive I fear for the motorcycle, it ain't free either...

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, RBM said:

My SO had one P6k lesson in Cebu and after  knew more than myself.

At First Bruce I thought :89:  John Mcenroe.jpg But so pleased that this is not just me :hystery: if you all get my Drift.

Special apology to Queenie who I am sure can Drive already, But do you here?

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted
47 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

She has a License but never driven a car,

Is it a m/c license or for both car and m/c? Someone said that there is a Hummer for sale.

My wife asked if she could drive in Canada. I said "Sure, but not my car and not with me in the car."

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, jpbago said:

Is it a m/c license or for both car and m/c?

Same as Mine 1 & 2 silly but that is the way things are here

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
56 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

No matter which way I go I Fear for the car

There is a driving school in Dumaguete that is pretty good.  They use their own Wigo to teach on so she is not going to crash your car while learning.  The 2 filipinas I know of who went through it came out as passable drivers.  Good enough that I would ride with them but of course it is easy to learn how to make the car move and it takes many years to learn how to drive.  They will not understand the distinction until they get to that point.  Best of luck.

• Like 2