What is that back up radar thingy?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
54 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Dave, do you have a "radio" with a big screen?

Yep.  I have some kind of dashboard screen that does not work.  I was thinking of replacing it or covering it with the camera screen. IF I buy one of those units.  The reason I am so interested at this point in time is that the car is getting a complete body restoration and paint job over the next 2 weeks so it would be the ideal time to get it installed.  I just have to make the decision quickly if I am ordering from Lazada so they can get it to me before they are to far along in the restoration job.

Mr-T
Posted
Posted

Thank you Jack. I will check this out. Maybe the Toyota dealership can help me with that. Had one in the States that gave me a running commentary, turn by turn instructions but never seen one here.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Yep.  I have some kind of dashboard screen that does not work.  I was thinking of replacing it or covering it with the camera screen. IF I buy one of those units.  The reason I am so interested at this point in time is that the car is getting a complete body restoration and paint job over the next 2 weeks so it would be the ideal time to get it installed.  I just have to make the decision quickly if I am ordering from Lazada so they can get it to me before they are to far along in the restoration job.

You might do just as well as Lazada at a local car parts place.  They all have this equipment now and the prices aren't too bad.  Often they have free installation.

Also, these cameras are great for old farts who have trouble twisting their necks around to properly look back when in reverse.

Edited by OnMyWay
  • Like 2

Mr-T
Posted
Posted

Sounds good, will try Lazada.

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

If it were me I would be thinking backup camera from Lazada. I would try and price repair/replace of the existing screen but as an OEM part it is likely to be expensive, putting back to Lazada.

jpbago
Posted
Posted

I watch the garbage truck or other trucks backing up and hear 5 or 6 guys around the truck all saying "Hey, hey, hey, hey" at the same time and wondered how in the hell the driver knew when to stop but from this radar thingy and things that goes beep louder when closer, I now understand that the "Hey" must get louder when the truck is close to the end of backing up. Native technology in it's simplest form.

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I am kicking myself here a little, I bought the LS Model because the price was Good, the GLS model at some 100.000+ more but things did not seem to justify the difference BUT I have just spoken to Suzuki and for the 100k + a little more say 20.000 peso it could have come with Front and Rear camera and sensor fitted. also electric swivel mirrors and some other things that did not justify in my Mind, However, the car is wired up for cameras and sensors just need Installing, Switch panels are there, Fuse Housing and all. So I think I will go for all the System and just pay the 20+.000 and not worry about the things that seemed to be OTT for the price.

BTW way the Radio Screen (which is Touch type) is the Monitor for the GPS, the Radio/Tape system and the Bluetooth and just reverts to whatever you decide to use at any given Time and funny enough goes into quarters if you like to see all operations at once.

:smile: Ain't Technology Great even though we don't always understand it :whistling:

• Like 2

jpbago
Posted
Posted
24 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

What is the car?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, jpbago said:

What is the car?

Surplus 2007 Honda Civic.  That means its had the steering changed from the RHS to the LHS but its still a Honda :thumbsup: but I bet the guys doing the wiring screwed up what ever that screen is for when they altered the dash.

• Like 1