10 Best sights in Philippines

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, jpbago said:

Siquijor Island is the place to go for witchcraft. Did you see anything about that in your visits? Any white ladies?

No, but they are all using whitening soap and whitening lotion thinking they can be a white lady..... oops, I got side tracked again didn't I? LOL

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Cebu expat said:

My favorite place in the Philippines is Bantayan Island

Thanks for the review.  I have not been back there since Typhoon Frank in 2008 because I heard there were so many beaches destroyed.  Good to hear nature has recovered her beauty and I will put Bantayan back on my list of place to visit (but not in Typhoon season :whistling: )

• Like 3

Cebu expat
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Thanks for the review.  I have not been back there since Typhoon Frank in 2008 because I heard there were so many beaches destroyed.  Good to hear nature has recovered her beauty and I will put Bantayan back on my list of place to visit (but not in Typhoon season :whistling: )

Actually super typhoon Yolanda (hayan) in november 2013 did even worse destroying a lot of houses (some say 90% of them)  and taking away many coconut trees. I think it also killed a few locals unfortunately. The red cross helped to rebuild and it s still present. Bantayan was in the eye of the huge storm on Yolanda's typhoon path. Even so the place recovered. Only notable thing to the eye is some abandoned destroyed building and  less coconut trees if you compare it with old photos. Island is more barren but having been the first time in 2016 this didn't catch my attention

Edited by Cebu expat
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

RBM
Posted
Posted
On 7/12/2017 at 5:31 PM, Gary D said:

We were there in July a couple of years ago and if you are up very early the volcano is clear, then the clouds form about 6-7ish

Yes correct, not sure now how ever around 8 years ago I climbed it. We were only allowed to go as high as the shoulder, not sure now. 

The ride around the mountain is really fantastic offering outstanding views. Legaspi is a wonderful friendly city.

• Like 1

Eldon Cordrey
Posted
Posted
On 7/12/2017 at 3:56 PM, Sander Martin said:

Not if your going to Manila 😂😂

I have lived in The Philippines for about 9 years and have spent less than a week in Manila. I would rather spend a week in a nice hospital than a day in that h&** hole.

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Our lanai overlooking the sea.

Baby Goat Bath.jpg

mogo51
Posted
Posted
On 7/11/2017 at 10:42 AM, BrettGC said:

4.  The drunken view from Kokomo's watching the world walk by on Fields Avenue Angeles City.

I like to sit in Margarita Station and watch the insanity that is Angeles unfold.  Beer is also cheaper Brett.

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Looking at the great photos, it seems I will have to put Batnayan Island on the list also.

• Like 2

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Well SAO and I are currently at White Villas Resort in San Juan, Siquijor.  Amazing place and reasonably priced.  The relax factor is is at maximum.  Small resort with a beach and no annoying vendors, great staff and nice bungalow style rooms.  Highly recommended for that weekend getaway despite the bone rattling 30 min trike ride from Larena port after the 30 min Ocean Jet cruise.  

• Like 3