Online shopping in OZ

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

As I have mentioned we will be visiting Australia soon. When I return to the states for a visit I usually order a bunch of books and such via Amazon.

Question: What E shopping is best used in Australia, want to buy books online and have them delivered to my niece if possible.

Thanks Gents

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, scott h said:

As I have mentioned we will be visiting Australia soon. When I return to the states for a visit I usually order a bunch of books and such via Amazon.

Question: What E shopping is best used in Australia, want to buy books online and have them delivered to my niece if possible.

Thanks Gents

For books, it sounds like you need a Kindle.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

it sounds like you need a Kindle

Technology???? :89::Caught: 

• Like 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted

Most cities have second hand book stores, $ 1, $ 2 a piece, you can fill a cardboard box up of good books for the price of a couple of new books and send them by Balikbayan courier. Search on line for the courier or pull a PI up in the street, they all send parcels home, they'll steer you in the rite direction. I know PI children like to own books, we've two of my wife's cousins staying here doing schooling. The first thing they did was buy a new book, but when they saw the second hand books, it was like kids in a lolly shop for the first time. Good luck, I hope this will help and tape the box up with duck tape, rite around and up and over. 

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Clermont said:

Most cities have second hand book stores

OUTSTANDING!!!! :Yes:

Those are a faint memory where I kome from in the States!! Thanks! Now I will have something to do when the wife is babbling away with female relatives (sorry queenie)

• Like 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted

Also, parcels tend to get lost by parcel post in PI, plus your niece will be the talk of the school if you donate a few books. Your wife and mine might be relations, mine can talk the leg of a wood stove, ha ha.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Clermont said:

talk the leg of a wood stove

I always thought that my Father needed a hearing aid, until I got married and inherited his particular hearing disability, "wife deaf" (queenie is never going to talk to me again)

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 7/17/2017 at 8:27 AM, scott h said:

Where is your niece living ? Australia ? 

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Where is your niece living

yes, Sydney 

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Clermont said:

parcels tend to get lost by parcel post in PI

Have you had them lose one?  I've had several dozen shipped to me in Philippines and never lost one so I'm wondering if this is one of those "the way things used to be" anecdotes instead of the way things are now.  But to be fair, I always use the shipping method that leaves a tracking trail (Yes PhilPost has tracking) and I have to sign for it on arrival and pay 112 pesos.

• Like 1