AirBnb

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I was looking around air bnb a few weeks ago.  Thinking about trying to get a place in Bohol next Xmas.  I have never used them.  Any recent experiences to relate?

I get bombarded with Google ads now due to my interest.  I just clicked on this link.  Seems like infinity pools are the big thing now on the high rise condos in Cebu City!

https://www.airbnb.com/s/Cebu-City--Central-Visayas--PH/homes?af=26924816&c=A_TC%3D6063774685603%26%24pi%3A1.pk%3A6063774685603&ne_lat=10.333200000000001&ne_lng=123.92586930196296&selected_listing_id=18758654&sw_lat=10.2882&sw_lng=123.88013069803705

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

I was looking around air bnb a few weeks ago.  Thinking about trying to get a place in Bohol next Xmas.  I have never used them.  Any recent experiences to relate?

I have used airbnb several times. Very easy to decided if a place is what you want by reading the reviews. Only once did one condo not meet my expectations and when l wrote a review which was only suggestions of how to make this accommodation better for travelers did l discover the owner of the condo did not have public reviews.

If you are looking for Christmas accomodation best to book now.

oh your link does not take one to the exact place you mentioned. 

• Like 3

earthdome
Posted
Posted

I have used AirBNB in the US several times. No complaints. Got what I expected. I would recommend that you consider places with plenty of reviews so you can get a good feel for it before you book it.

We plan on using AirBNB the next time we return to the Philippines.

You can have the infinity pool. I am terribly afraid of open heights.

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
36 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

If you are looking for Christmas accomodation best to book now.

Yes, I saw that many are booked!

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
38 minutes ago, earthdome said:

You can have the infinity pool. I am terribly afraid of open heights.

Challenge your fears!

https://www.elitereaders.com/china-glass-bridge-cracks-breaks-tourists-scream-stampede/

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

OMG OMW. I can relate to that. Wife and I went to LV,NV last Jan and spent a day going out to the West Rim of the Grand Canyon on the Hualapai Indian Reservation. They have a glass walkway that goes out like a horse shoe over the grand canyon. I faced my fear and overcame it for at least a short while. Funny to watch people walk on the glass like it is very slippery ice.

https://www.grandcanyonwest.com/skywalk--eagle-point.htm

• Like 4

bows00
Posted
Posted

I tried to use AirBNB to visit a California ski resort but was turned down because the owner found out I was Asian.  Just Kidding!!  Current news can be false when you find out the background behind it all.  

I used AirBNB on my first trip to Dumaguete.  The service was just great, including airport pickup and drop off.  Will not hesitate to use it again.  

• Like 3

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I've used airbnb both to rent my property out and also to rent someone else's.

Great for getting away from the usual hotel rooms and can be good value for money.

A pain in the butt to set up your own place for rental initially. 

• Like 3

Nickleback99
Posted
Posted

Have used it and VRBO with happy success.  Last we did was a Mission Beach town home in San Diego for vacation 2015 and it was great for us. Wanted stay extra night and since not rented, the lovely hostess allowed us to just stay free that added night...I left her with two nice bottles of wine.  I believe we also used VRBO for a condo in Makati several times and were happy as well....ended up going to dinner w/ the owner on one trip. 

• Like 3

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted

I have used it in Florida, Arizona, Alaska, Hong Kong (3 times), Dumaguete, and have trips scheduled to Manila and Singapore. Read the reviews and make a logical choice. Has worked well for me so far.

• Like 2