AirBnb

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

A pain in the butt to set up your own place for rental initially.

Could you expand on that?  We have considered using them for our rental house.

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Mike J said:

Could you expand on that?  We have considered using them for our rental house.

There are bugs in the booking system. You enter information and when you try to load it the page refreshes without the information. Also when you enter the correct address it shows you a map where it thinks your property is. It then gives you the option of dragging the arrow on the map to where your property is. If you do that the page refreshes and tells you that you've selected the wrong location. It was driving me crazy.

There was also no option for payments during registration but once you go live and get a booking it'll tell you you've not selected a payment method. One final thing is it is meant to allow you to sync other booking calendars from the likes of booking.com. if you try this it doesn't let you enter the link even though it asks you to. 

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

AirBnb just isn't for me, if I am going to crash at someone else's pad, I impose myself on relatives, that way I don't have to pay :hystery:

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
25 minutes ago, scott h said:

I impose myself on relatives, that way I don't have to pay :hystery:

:thumbsup: Ahhhhhhhh! a True Expat to Filipino convert :whistling:

• Like 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
51 minutes ago, scott h said:

AirBnb just isn't for me, if I am going to crash at someone else's pad, I impose myself on relatives, that way I don't have to pay :hystery:

I usually select the 'whole house' option. Usually that ends up meaning a condo so it is very similar to staying at a hotel. Just without a front desk and maid service.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Not sure what your saying as fiverr only has reviews from those who purchased a service :89:

Fiverr, the business itself, does have that policy.

I am saying I do not know if AirBnB is like that.   I am saying there are professional "reviewers" that you can hire on Fiverr, I did some of those gigs.  The client tells you what to say and where to post the review.  Some businesses (Trip advisor is a good example) do not require any proof that you actually stayed at a place in order to post a review)  Reviews on that kind of site are often just "advertising" from professional reviewers who are paid to say whatever the business/hotel/residence owner wants to be said.

So I am saying 50 reviews is nothing IF AirBnB allows people to review places without actually proving that they have stayed there.  Can you confirm that you must actually stay at the place to post a review?  If so the the reviews DO become much more relevant.

• Like 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Fiverr, the business itself, does have that policy.

I am saying I do not know if AirBnB is like that.   I am saying there are professional "reviewers" that you can hire on Fiverr, I did some of those gigs.  The client tells you what to say and where to post the review.  Some businesses (Trip advisor is a good example) do not require any proof that you actually stayed at a place in order to post a review)  Reviews on that kind of site are often just "advertising" from professional reviewers who are paid to say whatever the business/hotel/residence owner wants to be said.

So I am saying 50 reviews is nothing IF AirBnB allows people to review places without actually proving that they have stayed there.  Can you confirm that you must actually stay at the place to post a review?  If so the the reviews DO become much more relevant.

After staying at an AirBnB, they send you a comment request. You can make both private comments to the owner and public comment that shows up under the listing. I am not aware of another way to comment on an AirBnB listing.

• Like 3

RBM
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, AlwaysRt said:

After staying at an AirBnB, they send you a comment request. You can make both private comments to the owner and public comment that shows up under the listing. I am not aware of another way to comment on an AirBnB listing.

Correct, how ever after your review it is sent to the host, it's up to them to decide if it actually appears as a review.

Gary D
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

:thumbsup: Ahhhhhhhh! a True Expat to Filipino convert :whistling:

And stay until they pay your fare home.:thumbsup:

• Haha 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

There are bugs in the booking system. You enter information and when you try to load it the page refreshes without the information. Also when you enter the correct address it shows you a map where it thinks your property is. It then gives you the option of dragging the arrow on the map to where your property is. If you do that the page refreshes and tells you that you've selected the wrong location. It was driving me crazy.

There was also no option for payments during registration but once you go live and get a booking it'll tell you you've not selected a payment method. One final thing is it is meant to allow you to sync other booking calendars from the likes of booking.com. if you try this it doesn't let you enter the link even though it asks you to. 

What I thought you were going to say is that is a lot of work to get the house in shape.  Most of the pictures look like the owners have made it very hotel like and all of their personal stuff has been stowed away somewhere.  Does AirBnd have some standards the owners must meet before a house/unit can be rented?

• Like 1