AirBnb

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

What I thought you were going to say is that is a lot of work to get the house in shape.  Most of the pictures look like the owners have made it very hotel like and all of their personal stuff has been stowed away somewhere.  Does AirBnd have some standards the owners must meet before a house/unit can be rented?

There's no inspection. All they ask is it complies with current state laws etc. The guy I bought mine off of rented it a few times per month but put no effort into it. It sleeps six and has a big kitchen but he never allowed cooking. He was sitting on a gold mine but didn't have a clue. 

Ive used a good few airbnb here and the majority are better than hotels. Most have kitchens etc and an owner with contacts that get you cheap tours, motorbike hire etc. My last one literally only supplied a bed but there was 5 of us and it was way cheaper than a hotel. 

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

So I am saying 50 reviews is nothing IF AirBnB allows people to review places without actually proving that they have stayed there.  Can you confirm that you must actually stay at the place to post a review?  If so the the reviews DO become much more relevant.

They dont. No way can you review a property unless you have stayed there. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
bob1965
Posted
Posted
On 2017-07-19 at 6:08 AM, Snowy79 said:

There's no inspection. All they ask is it complies with current state laws etc. The guy I bought mine off of rented it a few times per month but put no effort into it. It sleeps six and has a big kitchen but he never allowed cooking. He was sitting on a gold mine but didn't have a clue. 

Ive used a good few airbnb here and the majority are better than hotels. Most have kitchens etc and an owner with contacts that get you cheap tours, motorbike hire etc. My last one literally only supplied a bed but there was 5 of us and it was way cheaper than a hotel. 

Yep, what's with the no cooking thing? I was looking at a few condos near mall of Asia, and they nearly all stipulated no cooking. That sort of makes it pointless staying in a condo. Back to red planet for me.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, bob1965 said:

Yep, what's with the no cooking thing? I was looking at a few condos near mall of Asia, and they nearly all stipulated no cooking. That sort of makes it pointless staying in a condo. Back to red planet for me.

I could understand if the rule was no cooking smoked fish. :hystery:

• Thanks 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, bob1965 said:

This is why no cooking:

indoor cooking.jpgBBQ & Beer Cooler.jpg

• Haha 3
  • I'm Confused 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Used airbnb a few times, they are ok.