Architectural Drawings, Meters or Feet?

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

For those of you that have been involved in building here in PH, are drawings typically done in meters or feet?

I suspect my U.S. Navy house was all done in feet.  I want to start drawing some ideas for an addition.  I could do it either way.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
32 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

For those of you that have been involved in building here in PH, are drawings typically done in meters or feet?

I suspect my U.S. Navy house was all done in feet.  I want to start drawing some ideas for an addition.  I could do it either way.

My House Plans are in Metres 

• Like 1

not so old china hand
Posted
Posted
49 minutes ago, Gary D said:

The builders will just do as they please so it doesn't matter if it's in feet, metres or carabo strides.

This reminds me of a marine surveyor who once told me "Engineers work to the nearest thou, carpenters work to the nearest sixteenth. Shipwrights work to the nearest ship." Morning all. :cornflakes:

• Like 5

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted

My house plans were in meters as well.

• Like 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted

Ours was done in metric.

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I see that most of the measurements here are metric.But mattresses and some hardware that you buy is imperial.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

I see that most of the measurements here are metric.But mattresses and some hardware that you buy is imperial.

I remember buying 3/4" Marine Ply & the Guy said but it will come just under Scratching Head.jpg Why I asked? Well sir it comes Metric. Hmmmmmmm! so why not sell it metric? well Sir the drawing said .02 m and the nearest we got is 3/4" and we don't sell or stock in metric

Give up.jpg

• Like 4

jpbago
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

I remember buying 3/4" Marine Ply & the Guy said but it will come just under Why I asked? Well sir it comes Metric.

Did the width and length come just under, too? Like 1 m by 2 m.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
23 minutes ago, jpbago said:

Did the width and length come just under, too? Like 1 m by 2 m.

Funnily enough No we ordered 8' x 4' x 3/4" and all measurements were OK it was just the Plan Stated metric But.............:571c66d400c8c_1(103): 

• Like 1