cheap electronics

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

hi guys

are items such as laptops cheaper in the phils?

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted
34 minutes ago, bastonjock said:

hi guys

are items such as laptops cheaper in the phils?

Cheaper than where?

Of course, it depends on where you are comparing prices.

From my own experience, laptops and all other electronics are cheaper in the US.

• Like 5

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, Mark Berkowitz said:

From my own experience

2 years ago I bought a top of the line ASUS laptop, if memory serves it was 200 bucks less in the US, but the exact same model was available here in the Philippines.

• Like 3

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted (edited)

My wife likes shopping in China Town here. Everything is cheaper than at the malls. I tell her that the stuff is probably imitation. An example is electronics. Sold cheap with no sales receipt and no warranty. The stores are packed with customers every day. Wife doesn't care so I let her go alone. I'll stick with the malls. I'm the first to admit that not everything that I buy is "Branded" but if it's good enough for my purpose then I don't care. 

Edited by Gratefuled
  • Like 2

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Quality electronics are very expensive in the Philippines. Best price is in the USA. You can find better prices than the Philippines in other SEA countries like Hong Kong.

• Like 2

intrepid
Posted
Posted
30 minutes ago, earthdome said:

You can find better prices than the Philippines in other SEA countries like Hong Kong.

And Taiwan

• Like 1

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Mark Berkowitz said:

Cheaper than where?

Of course, it depends on where you are comparing prices.

From my own experience, laptops and all other electronics are cheaper in the US.

I would agree because my brother asked me to check prices here on some items. He had thoughts of possibly me  buying here and taking it back to him when I go back on visits. 

After checking and relaying the prices, he decided it's cheaper in the states. I'm satisfied with what I have bought here with the exception of my Macbook Pro. While still under warranty, I returned it to customer service and after checking it out, they decided the problem was due to customer abuse of the computer and I would have to pay for the repair. That's when the shit hit the fan. I complained loud and clear and they fixed it in just a few minutes, FREE. 

The problem was a squeaky lid. When I opened it or closed it. I did not want to oil it or try to fix the squeak since it was under warranty. This is probably all they did. 

I still HATE the damn thing. SAFARI is not as good as it used to be with my last Macbook Pro.

My wife's Toshiba works easier and a lot better. 

Edited by Gratefuled

jpbago
Posted
Posted

Electronic stores (Best Buy, Staples) in North America often have sales or discounts of up to 40%, on last year's models which I do not see here in the PI.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, earthdome said:

Quality electronics are very expensive in the Philippines

Yes.  Like the sign says in front of the shops down town.  We have quality products.  We have fast service.  We have low prices.  Pick any two!

• Like 2

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Yes.  Like the sign says in front of the shops down town.  We have quality products.  We have fast service.  We have low prices.  Pick any two!

...and the two correct answers are.... have products

• Like 2