I am Poleman

Poleman
Posted
Posted

Well, just joined and this is the first post I saw...interesting. I'm an American from Southern California and called it quits in the good ol' USA .. just getting too weird over there so I'm here seeking retirement paradise.

Regarding the establishment in PPS, Palawan ... that is now where I am staying and would love to come visit and toss one down with y'all. Where is this place?  I'm familiar with Rizal Ave, the National Highway, Malvar ..... give me directions, the side of the street it is on...and between what blocks or direction (N, S, E, or W) of a landmark (McDonalds?) (Skaky's?)  etc.   Funny here, they don't do address numbers consistently so any location info would be requested.

I AM the Poleman

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Poleman said:

I AM the Poleman

Hi I was the Egg man, Before I became a Walrus but now I just stick with Jack and say Welcome.jpg to the fantasy Islands, Enjoy:thumbsup:

• Like 2

Poleman
Posted
Posted

Ha ha, I was also the Egg man, working the egg department for 4 hours at the local Walmart. It was less money than I made in the '60's, but great workout working in the sub-cold dairy department .... I lost so much weight there schlepping eggs to and fro in the cold that I lost about 1 pound a day consistently for 3 weeks. Retirement can be dangerous if you don't keep busy and with my broken back, busy was what I needed instead of sitting around like a .... uhh, WALRUS.

LOL

Thanks, and Mabuhay to ya.

Poleman

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Poleman said:

Well, just joined

Welcome :thumbsup:

I split your post into into its own topic . 

• Like 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

Welcome Poleman,

A little bit of 60's  humour from Jack, brought back a few memories.

Enjoy the banter, nice choice by the way, choosing Puerto Princessa Palawan

• Like 2

Balisidar
Posted
Posted

Welcome to the forum, Poleman. Kick back, take your shoes off and have a cold one :nudie:

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, Poleman said:

I'm an American from Southern California

Can I ask what may be a silly question?  I first thought that you called yourself a Poleman because you came from Poland but this quote says thats unlikely so I am curious if there is a story behind the name?  A fireman who slides down them poles would be my next guess?

Welcome to the forum.

• Like 2

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
18 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Can I ask what may be a silly question?  I first thought that you called yourself a Poleman because you came from Poland but this quote says thats unlikely so I am curious if there is a story behind the name?  A fireman who slides down them poles would be my next guess?

Welcome to the forum.

My guess was he works for the power company, a poleman being the guy climbing power poles for maintenance etc.

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
41 minutes ago, Poleman said:

Sorry about the long winded stuff, that's me.

Great, you'll fit right in.  Thanks for the explanation

• Like 2