Balikbayan Box Major Rule Changes

mogo51
Posted
Posted

SO was saying last night that prices for BB boxes ex Thailand have dropped by about 1000 bht, so anyone still in Thailand  and had enough of the military there and their treatment by Immigration, start packing!!!!

• Like 2

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted

For What It's Worth, we received our BB box two days ago from our Filipino friend in Lost Wages (Las Vegas). It was sent prior to the new rules via Atlas and addressed to my wife and myself. It arrived unopened with no extra monies due.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
intrepid
Posted
Posted

Does anyone have an update from experience shipping balikbayan boxes to the Philippines since the new rules took effect?  Are the shippers/consolidators following the new rules?  If they are, I wonder how long it will last?

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Four boxes from Thailand to Manila, arrived after 5 weeks, no taxes, unopened, weather beaten, only damage one cracked wine glass  - no complaints here.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, mogo51 said:

Four boxes from Thailand to Manila, arrived after 5 weeks, no taxes, unopened, weather beaten, only damage one cracked wine glass  - no complaints here.

They are waiting for the Christmas Boxes to Start coming:56fdd33da67bc_santadance: They knew your stuff would be used :28: but good to hear this news, Now you can get cooking :whistling:

intrepid
Posted
Posted

I guess I'll make some calls to some of the shippers I had used in the past.  See what requirements they are imposing now that the new rules are in effect,...or not.:whistling:  I was planning to ship a few boxes while visiting the old place in March.

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted (edited)

We have shipped many boxes over the years and up until recently only required the briefest of description of contents such as 'general household items'. No copy of senders passport was required. All our boxes arrived untouched by customs.

We shipped a couple of boxes last week and had to provide a more comprehensive list of contents and a copy of the senders passport.

It will be interesting to see if their transit through Philippines customs are equally trouble free.

Ken

Edited by Huggybearman
  • Like 2

RBM
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Huggybearman said:

We have shipped many boxes over the years and up until recently only required the briefest of description of contents such as 'general household items'. No copy of senders passport was required. All our boxes arrived untouched by customs.

We shipped a couple of boxes last week and had to provide a more comprehensive list of contents and a copy of the senders passport.

It will be interesting to see if their transit through Philippines customs are equally trouble free.

Ken

Hope you remember to inform us of the out come. For sure many members interested.

• Like 1

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, RBM said:

Hope you remember to inform us of the out come. For sure many members interested.

I certainly will.

Ken

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

They are waiting for the Christmas Boxes to Start coming:56fdd33da67bc_santadance: They knew your stuff would be used :28: but good to hear this news, Now you can get cooking :whistling:

Yes Jack, once all the repairs have been carried out on the house, I will get started.