Tax Identification Number Registration (TIN)

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I'm looking for information as to how I go about registering for the above number with the BIR. I've been on their website but as it's the Philippines I'd rather find out how it's done rather than how it should be done :whistling:. I've bought an apartment and as part of the deal I'm paying the Capital Gains Tax, this has already been taken off of the sale price so it's not an additional fee that I'm paying. My grey area is I'm on  Tourist Visa.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Best of luck.  If you manage it, please let us know how its done.  I've not heard of a foreigner on a tourist visa being able to do that.

In fact I have recently read of an Australian on a tourist visa who (as I understand it) was buying apartments somehow and then renting them out.  Seems he got blacklisted for "working" on a tourist visa.  If I find the link I'll post it so you can judge for yourself.  Anyway, others I know (including myself) have used the TIN number of any 'friendly' filipina and no one seems to be bothered.  Up to you, as they say.

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

If I find the link I'll post it so you can judge for yourself.

did you mean this one Young man;

http://www.visayandailystar.com/2017/June/20/negor1.htm

:thumbsup:

• Like 2

Clermont
Posted
Posted

I read the link, an Australian wouldn't do that, must be a throw back to Ned Kelly or someone that came out with the first fleet, ha ha.

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
32 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

did you mean this one Young man;

Yes, thank you, and the point the article made that I thought would relate to getting a T.I.N. number is:

BI has the authority to include him in the blacklist as an excludable alien under CA 613, Section 29 (a)(5) and refuse entry as he is found to be engaging in gainful activity during his stay in the country without appropriate visa/permit in violation of CA 613, Sec. 37 (a)(7)

• Like 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, sonjack2847 said:

I read a post on another site about a brit who was trying to get a tin number he eventually gave up because of all the red tape.When we bought our lot my wife had to go to BIR 6 times just to pay the purchase tax.Sorry Snowy if this is not what you want to hear but that is how it is.

Nothing surprises me here. I'll take my emergency brown envelope :whistling:

• Like 2

Clermont
Posted
Posted

Not sure if this belongs here, but the boss man can work this out. If you teach a PI how to hold a string line and set it, or teach him how to lay blocks in a straight line, or show him how to read a tape for depth of trenches, or all little bits associated with building a house, is this work orientated ? do you have to get a work visa to show them how to build your house? I don't want to give us poor Aussies a bad name by taking work off the locals, ha ha.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Clermont said:

I don't want to give us poor Aussies a bad name by taking work off the locals, ha ha.

I wouldn't smile to much my Friend, I WAS Reported for working when I was on a 9a at my own House, Yes I turned a Guy down and then he was told I was helping on Site so he called the Captain and I was severely told of by Our Peter Bueno the Dumaguete ACO. Please never Underestimate the Power of the Face thing here Even Teaching, Coaching or any other things that stops a local getting a days Pay needs a permit of some kind

• Like 5

Clermont
Posted
Posted

No ha ha in that, I've heard of blokes getting into the proverbial for helping build their house, just wondering if their is any truth in it. Just have to look into it, thanks Jack.

• Like 1