Tax Identification Number Registration (TIN)

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Well that was painless. I went into the BIR. Filled in form 1904 section 7,8,10,13,14 and 21. The women asked for my copy of the deed of sale and birth certificate. 3 mins later I had a TIN. I was then sent to an assessor where I waited about an hour to be seen. He pointed to the TIN and said that's it and I was on my way. 

• Like 4

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Funny how, since the newest President of the Philippines hates red tape, scams and inefficiency, things in government offices run the way they are suppose to..  

:whistling:

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Snowy79 said:

The women asked for my copy of the deed of sale

On 7/22/2017 at 9:05 AM, Snowy79 said:

I've bought an apartment

Well thats the part I can't figure out.  I've bought an apartment too, but the deed is not in my name because of the foreigners can't own . .  so how did you get a deed of sale? 

• Like 1

Steve GCC
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I've bought an apartment too, but the deed is not in my name because of the foreigners can't own

I also have deeds to my condo.  Foreigners can own an apartment/condo

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
31 minutes ago, Steve GCC said:

I also have deeds to my condo.

Do you also have a T.I.N. number on a tourist visa?

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

As Steve says we can own condos and as such can have a deed of absolute sale on them. I was panicking a bit as I'm on a tourist visa but the women just looked at my passport, birth certificate and deed of sale, opened her computer, punched a few buttons and issued me a number. You need it to pay your annual estate tax. I wasn't going to point out I'm a tourist. :shades:

No doubt if you go to Manila or Cebu where they're used to foreigners they might look more closely at the application.

• Like 5

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Just curious. For those who own their own home/condo (or their wife/so does), how much are the annual property taxes?

virginprune
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, earthdome said:

Just curious. For those who own their own home/condo (or their wife/so does), how much are the annual property taxes?

Our's is P3800. I believe it varies on location etc.

Snowy79
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, earthdome said:

You take the price you paid for your property or visit the BIR website to see your areas land value. Whatever one is higher you pay a percentage of that each year. I think it's 2% in metro Manila and 1% elsewhere. 

Edited by Snowy79

jpbago
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, earthdome said:

Ours is P4800 and if you pay before Jan 1, you get a 10% discount. Maybe 20%, not sure now.