New or 2nd hand

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Buying a new car in any country must be nice as i have never done that i dont know the feeling, but i have read that as soon as you drive of the forecourt you have lost so much money from buying new.

So living in the Philippines do you still buy new or 2nd hand, if you re looking for a model and would like a 2nd hand nearly new one but guaranteed can you buy these from a good garage or would you stay clear from these cars, also buying new from a dealer what do you get , the same as buying here in England?????.

Remember i have never brought a new car yet here or over there, any advice would be welcome.

• Like 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)

Well Steve, forum members living in Philippines might well have their own reasons for purchasing new or second hand.

But from what I have learnt, buying a car in Philippines, especially second hand is more tricky than in the UK.

The safety factors for second hand imports are not as strict as in UK.

I'm sure you will find some good answers from the members though. cheers JB

Edited by Kuya John
  • Like 2

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Kuya John said:

But from what I have learnt

Now Steve, this is just ME and my OPINION. Unlike back home where it is exactly the opposite, I would not buy a used car here in the Philippines unless it was from a relative or very, very close family friend. About the only way to insure that the title is clear, that it hasn't been involved in a flood or something of that nature with out doing a lot of foot work. Will you get the best deal? Probably not, but how much is piece of mind worth?

• Like 4

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

So, the deals can be found if you have patience.

Totally agree.  But in addition you need to get around a bit so you are in the "right place at the right time" when deals like that come up and you have to know your prices and have instant cash as deals like that get swooped up very quickly by the curbside dealers.

• Like 3