New or 2nd hand

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

We inquired about it and it had just sold for p50,000 off of the list price.

When I bought the Suzuki in November 2016 I paid cash and got 50.000 discount plus a whole lot of Goodies too

Jack :smile:

Morning All:photo-109:

• Like 4

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, stevewool said:

Isuzu mu-X looks good to me

I like the MU-X a lot and would have bought one, but 2 years ago they did not offer the larger engine in the Philippines.  They do now.  It is under powered with the smaller engine, so get the 3 liter.   Same chassis as my Trailblazer but I like the styling better, and the interior is very nice.  Built in Thailand, I think at the same factory as the Trailblazer.

I keep learning that many cars sold in the PH are built in Thailand.  Honda is also built there using parts from Japan.  Thailand has quite a large car industry.

• Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Nickleback99 said:

Curious....Is there any bargaining wheeling dealing on new cars there, or is the list price The price?   

Competition is fairly fierce I believe. I don't think there is a lot of fat to be cut in the price of a new car in the Philippines unless it is in the 2-4 million pesos car segment. It's the Philippines, 1k USD profit on a new car would be a reasonable profit. In the US I can usually bargain 5k-7k off of list price for a car. The van I'm going to buy is only 588k pesos including tax or about $11,700 USD and I don't think there is much room for them to come down, and if there was someone would already be doing it to undercut them.

• Like 2

jpbago
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

I keep learning that many cars sold in the PH are built in Thailand.  Honda is also built there using parts from Japan.  Thailand has quite a large car industry.

They build jeepneys in the Philippines.

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

The price of a new car anywhere in Philippines is the same as the price in Manila "plus shipping" and any extras they can get away with.

Since many of us are retired and have more time than money, I wonder if the price of new cars are more negotiable in Manila than in other areas.  I do know people who have gone to Manila to buy and then drove their new car home or brought it home on a Ro Ro (Roll on Roll off ferry).

Problem is these guys never come back to say whether it was a good idea after a couple years.  Did they have trouble?  Did they decide they would do it again if the occasion arose?  Are they saying nothing because they made a mistake and don't like to admit it?   Hmmmmm.   I wonder about it.

• Like 3

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

When I bought the Suzuki in November 2016 I paid cash and got 50.000 discount plus a whole lot of Goodies too

Jack :smile:

Morning All:photo-109:

Was that the 'cash price' discount or did you negotiate that after the price was quoted?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, AlwaysRt said:

Was that the 'cash price' discount or did you negotiate that after the price was quoted?

Discount Off List price, Very few major  vehicle dealers will give a cash price and credit price at that value I Asked (the Incharge) How many people pay cash for a private car? he said well Sir you are the First this Year and it was November 

• Like 5

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

How many people pay cash for a private car?

Probably fewer than paying cash for a motorcycle and more than paying cash for a house I suppose...

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, AlwaysRt said:

Probably fewer than paying cash for a motorcycle and more than paying cash for a house I suppose...

what can I sayWho knows (dave.jpg

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
23 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

more than paying cash for a house I suppose..

AHA!  Now its your turn to be making assumptions :SugarwareZ-005:For cheap houses it is much easier to pay cash than finance them here.  Cars are expensive.  It is easier to finance them.  I had to pay cash for my house but I could finance a car (with wife or filipino co-signer) if I so desired.

• Like 2