Learning from each other

stevewool
Posted
Posted

We all have one life and it is good if you can live that life and fulfill all your dreams and desires, but this takes time and hard earned cash too, plus some luck thrown in does not go amiss.

A friend has just been round ( the one who moved to Spain ) and he has been telling me the ins and outs of the past few months of living in Spain, the pit falls and what he thought he may need to what he knows he needs now.

It has opened my eyes if Spain or France in on my list of places to move for a few months or so and also making the final move to the Philippines.

The first person who made the trip to anywhere different must have made so many mistakes or not when looking back over his life but if those same people can give a little advice about what not to do or where to go and so on does make a difference to those who follow.

Yes there must be a few who wants no advice at all and again we dont have to follow the advice too, but i welcome every bit of good advice from all.

Have i any advice for others who are following me, well yes SAVE SAVE SAVE , SAVE as much as you can hopefully it will come in handy later on in life

• Like 5

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

Having reasonable assets are necessary to retire in England, Spain, France or anyplace in the world. Like you I am very close to calling it quits too but thinking how much is enough? $$$$$$

Steve, asking questions and thinking things through is prudent but don't over think everything. Simply do your best and step off the........

Edited by Old55
  • Like 3

robert k
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Old55 said:

Here I'm giving Steve retirement advice because we are going to retire shortly too. So last week I buy a muscle car. Makes perfect sense right?:thumbsup::hystery:

A muscle car is still a car and nothing wrong with that.

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Old55 said:

Here I'm giving Steve retirement advice because we are going to retire shortly too. So last week I buy a muscle car. Makes perfect sense right?:thumbsup::hystery:

OK, what did you buy?  :smile:

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Old55 said:

Having reasonable assets are necessary to retire in England, Spain, France or anyplace in the world. Like you I am very close to calling it quits too but thinking how much is enough? $$$$$$

Steve, asking questions and thinking things through is prudent but don't over think everything. Simply do your best and step off the........

Wise words indeed.

stevewool
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Old55 said:

O dear, forget my wise words from previous post.:hystery:

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

I am hoping my car of 19 years will last just that little longer so i dont have to buy before we leave here , yes its nice looking and thinking i could have that one or that one and even that one too, but i cant bring it to the Phils can I.

So please let my Toyota last just that little bit longer.

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

OK, what did you buy?  :smile:

I'll post a picture later.

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, robert k said:

A muscle car is still a car and nothing wrong with that.

giphy.gif

• Like 1