An out of luck Expat who has joined the masses of people begging on the streets of the Philippines.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Kuya John said:

But from the discription you have given, personally  I think that his demise  may be as a result of robbery  or being conned.

John, My ole Dad taught me somethings at his knee, one of them "never say never". But I have seen loads of beggars on the streets of the states, some down on their luck, some mentally ill (many, many more than people actually think) and some just to bone lazy to work. I don't know, I took one look at this Cat and the light bulb just went. "LOSER!"

• Like 2

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

MEMBERS:  Keep in mind when you make a title for your threads that other members often consider the title IS the topic so please be specific.

giphy.gif

stevewool
Posted
Posted

If i was down on my luck and begging on the streets and it was genuine too, i would not hide from a camera , i would try to tell my story for more help, maybe food or even cash.

Someone mentioned the kids running up to us folks hands out , well i have given to these and it makes me feel better, now Emma gives the odd peso here and there but she also gives food to the people who need it and the besting she gets makes you feel humble plus it makes you glad you are who you are too.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
18 minutes ago, stevewool said:

If i was down on my luck and begging on the streets and it was genuine too, i would not hide from a camera

I would.  Last thing I would want is my old friends from way back to see me down on my luck like that.

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I would.  Last thing I would want is my old friends from way back to see me down on my luck like that.

But if they was your true friends would they then try to help you, how many times do you hear after the fact "we did not know".

Edited by stevewool
spelling
  • Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, stevewool said:

But if they was your true friends would they then try to help you

Maybe, but I'd rather they continue to think I'm living the life and not know.  Its just me.  Not every 'friend' is a true friend.  In fact many' like my ex wife, would gloat over the fact that I was not doing well.

Nope, would not want it publicized at all.

• Like 2

John Dough
Posted
Posted
35 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

In fact many' like my ex wife, would gloat over the fact that I was not doing well.

Agreed! I'm in the same boat.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, John Dough said:

Well I hope we all pull the oars the right and same way because i think there may be many in that Boat. :smile:

BTW  Welcome.jpg Aboard 

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, John Dough said:

Thats

48 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Maybe, but I'd rather they continue to think I'm living the life and not know.  Its just me.  Not every 'friend' is a true friend.  In fact many' like my ex wife, would gloat over the fact that I was not doing well.

Nope, would not want it publicized at all.

48 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

my ex wife, would gloat over the fact that I was not doing well.

Thats why they are our EX wives .

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Jack Peterson said:

Well I hope we all pull the oars the right and same way because i think there may be many in that Boat. :smile:

BTW  Welcome.jpg Aboard 

Yes where to shove those oars .

• Like 1