Philippines Nuclear Plant Opening

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, AlwaysRt said:

The problem with any nuclear accident list is that it is only applicable to the current high pressure design. Very similar to using old steam train engine accident data to show why diesel trains are dangerous. 

Hey don't shoot the messenger Rule 1 :hystery: (Or are you just miffed cos the US has more than anyone else) Bells ( tell me that again).jpg 

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

Obviously did not watch the video

Yup.  First rule of forum "understanding" is realizing that only one in 10 viewers will click on a link or watch a video. (EDIT:  I made up that statistic so to be clear, its just my opinion)

Its why we like to have articles copy/pasted along with the link.  For me its a simple matter of time.  I can read the whole post in the time it takes me to click a link so I only click links to check source (as a moderator I have to keep on top of spammy links) and I only watch a video if it really intrigues me (I can read dozens of posts on different forums OR I can watch a video but multi-tasking is out of my depth :89: )

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 3

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
Just now, Jack Peterson said:

Hey don't shoot the messenger Rule 1 :hystery: (Or are you just miffed cos the US has more than anyone else) Bells ( tell me that again).jpg 

Actually I am a bit miffed because of politicians assisting corporations to suppress technology that can literally change the world. Just like a train is not the same as every other train (steam vs diesel vs electric powered), there is more than one way to design a nuclear power plant. Imagine a nuclear power plant that can use the current nuclear waste and reduce it by 99%? Why doesn't the world know and why doesn't the world use it? Just like rare earth production, the US is handing over the technology to China WTF for???? 

• Like 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Yup.  First rule of forum "understanding" is realizing that only one in 10 viewers will click on a link or watch a video. (EDIT:  I made up that statistic so to be clear, its just my opinion)

Its why we like to have articles copy/pasted along with the link.  For me its a simple matter of time.  I can read the whole post in the time it takes me to click a link so I only click links to check source (as a moderator I have to keep on top of spammy links) and I only watch a video if it really intrigues me (I can read dozens of posts on different forums OR I can watch a video but multi-tasking is out of my depth :89: )

I understand, way down my post, in my 2nd sentence I addressed the safety issue also. Perhaps one in 10 viewers read more than 10 words alo? 

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

Just like rare earth production, the US is handing over the technology to China WTF for???? 

Who knows?

2 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

Actually I am a bit miffed because of politicians assisting corporations

Then as this is likely to go away from the Topic intentions and looks likely to go Political Homer out of Here..jpg

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

I understand, way down my post, in my 2nd sentence I addressed the safety issue also

I think we get the picture that this is a topic dear to your heart :thumbsup: 

Here is a bit of humor on the subject to help you realize that the average reader may have a differing opinion or maybe just not be as enthusiastic about the topic as you are.

The figurative sense of 'go nuclear' can mean "to behave in an unrestrained manner" ("I went nuclear on that bag of potato chips") or “to become furious; to resort to drastic measures in an attempt to undermine an opponent." Guess which meaning is becoming more common. Guess.

Is Trump Changing the Definition of 'Go Nuclear'? | Merriam-Webster

• Like 2

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Who knows?

Then as this is likely to go away from the Topic intentions and looks likely to go Political Homer out of Here..jpg

Definitely NOT the direction I want it to go and only mentioned it in response to your 'being miffed' post. I would like more people to be aware that there is a safe nuclear option and more than willing to talk about a Thorium Reactor and the major differences between it and the current reactor type. Not a whole lot to discuss about how it applies to the Philippines other than if they do decide to go forward and start the plant, converting it to Thorium Molten Salt would be a great thing.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, AlwaysRt said:

Definitely NOT the direction I want it to go and only mentioned it in response to your 'being miffed' post.

Then my Friend you are addressing the wrong Congregation, We already know (And my wife would beat me if she reads this) They can't sort out power now, Goodness only knows what they would FU with Nuclear  confused-man.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
27 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I think we get the picture that this is a topic dear to your heart :thumbsup: 

Here is a bit of humor on the subject to help you realize that the average reader may have a differing opinion or maybe just not be as enthusiastic about the topic as you are.

There is a restaurant (or at least was) a block or two from the Prince Edward Theater London that 'went nuclear' on its beef chili. The best I ever had until now. One bite and the spices were very hot, too hot for another bite, had tears running down my face. A minute lated the hot had changed to flavor, awesome wonderful flavor, I had to have another bite!. The cycle continued, one bite is so hot it brings tears, turns into flavor I couldn't resist - all the way to the bottom of the bowl. 

• Like 3

Steve GCC
Posted
Posted