Scotsman shot in the chest hours before his wedding in Cebu

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

As we have high expectations that the young man will survive the experience and go on to marry the lass, and as we are looking at the bright side, he will surely be glad the bullet was not aimed at his genitals :Caught:

Good to know he can still have a ball after the wedding...

• Like 4

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Anyone knowing Milngavie and Bearsden will know he's not short of a penny. They're some of the most expensive properties in Scotland.  

• Like 2

earthdome
Posted
Posted

This story just sounds like one of those crimes of opportunity. A robbery of a foreigner by armed criminals on a motorcycle late at night. A similar thing happened in front of a very nice hotel close to MOA that I have stayed at but at 8AM in the morning Could happen to anyone in a major metro in the Philippines. The groom was out with his best man and fiance on the night before his wedding. No fault or blame should be assigned there. If there was any fault it would be if he did not comply and immediately hand over his wallet.

I normally carry what is called a throw away wallet. One with old expired credit cards, ids and pictures with maybe a few thousand pesos. Enough to satisfy your average robber without getting my real cards or significant cash.

• Like 4

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

Anyone knowing Milngavie and Bearsden will know he's not short of a penny. They're some of the most expensive properties in Scotland.  

ive done more drinking and chasing women in Milngavie than i care to remember ,its the second town that i visit when i go back to Jockland ,spoke with some friends in Milngavie and they did not know the guy ,but you are right the house prices there are higher than average for Scotland ,when i left Scotland to pursue a career as a diver ,my going away party started and ended in Milngavie 

• Like 3