Cheap Cebu Condo wanted

popeye72 
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I've seen studio condos in Colon, Cebu area go for the 1.2 million price but they go fast.  Here's one that lists for a bit more than that but not too much.

https://www.dotproperty.com.ph/1-bedroom-condo-for-sale-in-cebu-city-cebu_1734633?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=mitula

I was looking at them myself. My thinking is to get two and make a decent size apartment. I know Banawa. Not a bad area. Convenient. 

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
On 7/24/2017 at 2:44 PM, Dave Hounddriver said:

I really wish I could get an RV here.  I don't know about Cebu but here in Sibulan I could rent a piece of land month to month for practically nothing and park my RV on it.  May even be worth shipping all the parts from a used RV in a container and then converting a bus or something into an RV.  I would only have to move it if the land owner decided to end the rental agreement or if i wanted to move somewhere else.  There are quite a few places where filipinos will rent their land month to month if want to put a non-permanent structure on it.

Mybee ill drive mine over to the Phils ,i live in mine full time ,at present my campsite fees are £30.00 a week  and gas ,fuel for generator comes in at around £20.00 a week , when i lived in my house ,the rates were £1600.00 a year

Its cheap living ,my RV has central heating etc

campingateddies.jpg

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, bastonjock said:

Mybee ill drive mine over to the Phils ,i live in mine full time

It would be ideal in many places.   You may not want one in areas hit by frequent typhoons but in an area like Dumaguete you could rent a lot to put that on, perhaps put a nipa roofed shelter over top to keep out the excessive sun.  Or maybe built an overhead shelter with solar panels.  There would be concerns, like staying on high ground to avoid flooding and having a dog to chase away the curious, but I think it would be do-able on the cheap if you could find a unit like that here.  Definitely cheaper than what they want for a condo and you could own the RV same as owning the condo.

• Thanks 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
25 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

avoid flooding

And avoid neighbors with can openers

• Like 2

jpbago
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Definitely cheaper than what they want for a condo and you could own the RV same as owning the condo.

Some RVs (37 to 50 sq m) are twice the size as those Cebu condos (22 sq m) and far better organized for space, plus you can add on for cheap.

http://www.crva.ca/types-of-recreational-vehicles/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, bastonjock said:

Mybee ill drive mine over to the Phils ,i live in mine full time ,at present my campsite fees are £30.00 a week  and gas ,fuel for generator comes in at around £20.00 a week , when i lived in my house ,the rates were £1600.00 a year

Its cheap living ,my RV has central heating etc

Not sure I understand the math or is there a typo somewhere? 30+20=50/week. 50*52=£2600.00 a year which is not cheaper than £1600.00 a year?

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

Not sure I understand the math or is there a typo somewhere? 30+20=50/week. 50*52=£2600.00 a year which is not cheaper than £1600.00 a year?

RT, I believe he was saying his taxes were  Pounds 1600 a year, actual living would be on top of that.:thumbsup:

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, jpbago said:

Some RVs (37 to 50 sq m) are twice the size as those Cebu condos (22 sq m) and far better organized for space, plus you can add on for cheap.

http://www.crva.ca/types-of-recreational-vehicles/

I wonder if the luxury tax on vehicle price or the luxury tax on engine displacement applies, maybe both?:wham: Last I looked a new small RV in the Philippines cost 2-4 million pesos.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, robert k said:

Last I looked a new small RV in the Philippines cost 2-4 million pesos.

Wonder if you could bring one in as a returning OFW for tax free?  Bring wife out of country and then come home with the RV.

• Haha 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Wonder if you could bring one in as a returning OFW for tax free?

Nah! I am sure that is one thing that they can't bring in tax free :smile:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1