Does anyone here (or their wife/gf) use TNT?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I can't figure out all these plans.  Seems like TNT is owned by Smart which is owned by PLDT but they have all these different plans.

So who here uses a TNT sim and why is it different from just a plain old Smart Buddy sim if its the same network?

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted

Depending on what I eat, sometimes it sounds like I'm using TNT in the CR.... :Caught:

Oh, cell phone, nope we are on Globe...

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

I thought you was on about the parcel carrier.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I can't figure out all these plans.  Seems like TNT is owned by Smart which is owned by PLDT but they have all these different plans.

So who here uses a TNT sim and why is it different from just a plain old Smart Buddy sim if its the same network?

Our ex maid used TNT because it was cheaper than SMART.  Our daughter has TNT but we just give her a bit of load when needed, so I really don't know how good it is.

earthdome
Posted
Posted

TNT?? We don't have CATV so we can't watch Turner Network Television.

Ohh... you mean for mobile phones... never used them.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Hmm, confusing post. I think the roadrunner often used TNT. Dynamite ? :smile:

Gator
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I think at one time TNT (Talk N' Text for those unaware) was an independent company which was bought out by Smart. Btw, just for clarification - I think Smart Buddy are now the data only sims for Smart telecom. TNT now seems to be the budget version of Smart.

In addition, as a result of them at one time being separate there also seems to be separate cell towers. I know when my SO visits her mom up in northern Bohol she uses a TNT or Sun sim as there is virtually no Smart signal, yet the TNT and Sun signals are strong (Globe usually works too, but the signal is weak). The same is pretty much true when she visits family on Camotes. 

As Smart upgrades it's cell towers and those for TNT I think you might see TNT falling by the wayside. In preparation for our visit to Bohol we had to go to several sari sari stores in Mabolo before we found a TNT load card, whereas before they were easy they find. 

virginprune
Posted
Posted

My partner has TNT and TM on her phone. TM for out at our place and TNT for in town. All to do with coverage. TNT is sometimes ok out here but Smart is completely useless so she dumped them.

• Like 1