Fat Maid

hk blues
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Interesting that you feel that way.

First, I am not overweight for my height and age.  Second, I worked for my money and buy my own food.  Third, I am criticizing those who want to use my money to buy and eat food that is not good for them and eat it until they weigh more than I do (ratio wise).  I don't see that as a harsh criticism of Flipinos over weight and eating.  I see it as a harsh criticism of Western men who allow it to happen.  Whatever happened to saying "No thanks, I am full now."

I see it with a certain 3 year old filipino boy, who will remain nameless, whose mother literally shoves food into his mouth and forces him to swallow it until he pukes it up.  That's how she knows he has eaten enough.  Now this nameless mother and child were not eating so well up in the mountains so it may a lack of knowledge but I find it frustrating and I envision a fat little 4 year old waddling around a year from now.  And yet filipinos see that as a good thing. :571c66d400c8c_1(103)::571c66d400c8c_1(103)::571c66d400c8c_1(103):

Perhaps you took the only half-serious comment a little too seriously?  And yes, of course I am absolutely saying all Western people are fatties - of course I am!

Without wishing to get into an argument - I'm surprised you feel it's the responsibility of Western men to control the eating habits of their partners. Maybe I've picked you up wrongly on that though.

As for the final para. - is that kind of attitude not something that's been around since time began - it isn't in any way a Filipino trait. Very commonplace in China for one...and I'm sure even our country a few centuries ago. Wrong, yes, but not difficult to understand if you can swap perspectives.

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Perhaps you took the only half-serious comment a little too seriously?

Entirely possible.  Sorry if I came across a bit strong in my reply.

4 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I'm surprised you feel it's the responsibility of Western men to control the eating habits of their partners.

My comment comes from bitterness towards the recent trend of foreigners coming here to 'buy' a wife.  (Example:  Meet girl, tell her you can give her better life, throw money at her, take her back to home country, and then marry her . .  without really knowing anything about her except she is pretty and willing.)

As you mentioned the attitude of "eat 'till you puke" has been around for a long time so if a Western man takes a girl who has that attitude and gives her control of the food budget and menu, whose fault is it if she loads up on calories and gets fat?

I think I am saying it is the Western man's responsibility to discourage poor eating habits but I would not go so far as to say control the eating habits.  Suppose a Western man takes his filipina wife to a fancy restaurant in the US (or similar country).  Is she going to shove rice down her throat by the handful?  NO WAY! She knows better than that.  But at home it seems to be what they want to do.  I can't say I like it and I try to discourage it but I don't CONTROL what she does.  That's up to her.

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Entirely possible.  Sorry if I came across a bit strong in my reply.

My comment comes from bitterness towards the recent trend of foreigners coming here to 'buy' a wife.  (Example:  Meet girl, tell her you can give her better life, throw money at her, take her back to home country, and then marry her . .  without really knowing anything about her except she is pretty and willing.)

As you mentioned the attitude of "eat 'till you puke" has been around for a long time so if a Western man takes a girl who has that attitude and gives her control of the food budget and menu, whose fault is it if she loads up on calories and gets fat?

I think I am saying it is the Western man's responsibility to discourage poor eating habits but I would not go so far as to say control the eating habits.  Suppose a Western man takes his filipina wife to a fancy restaurant in the US (or similar country).  Is she going to shove rice down her throat by the handful?  NO WAY! She knows better than that.  But at home it seems to be what they want to do.  I can't say I like it and I try to discourage it but I don't CONTROL what she does.  That's up to her.

Thanks for the reply - and no problem.

I share your distaste for the all too typical mixed couples here - Western guy with Filipina wife where both have some kind of superiority attitude towards those around them. Perhaps it's a defence mechanism against the fact that everybody is thinking the same thing about them, but in most cases what people are thinking is close to being accurate. I have no issue with the mutually beneficial relationship they enjoy - just the attitude they display.

Probably I'm not far away from you in terms of thinking regarding the responsibility of the wise to educate the less wise - I just took umbrage at the more direct Western man should take care of the poor, uneducated Filipina inference I took - possibly I was over-thinking that one!

Personally,  I've never been that comfortable eating with others - even in the UK - I like to enjoy my food in solitude and dislike talking whilst eating. So the big family meal free-for-all style here is definitely not for me! And that's before we get onto the eating habits - theirs and mine!

It's that which makes us different that makes us the same springs to mind.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
Eliminate Double Quote
  • Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I see it with a certain 3 year old filipino boy, who will remain nameless, whose mother literally shoves food into his mouth and forces him to swallow it until he pukes it up.  That's how she knows he has eaten enough.  Now this nameless mother and child were not eating so well up in the mountains so it may a lack of knowledge but I find it frustrating and I envision a fat little 4 year old waddling around a year from now.  And yet filipinos see that as a good thing.

I also see many fat children, very fat indeed. Some are with a foreigner father but many are not. We sometimes wait for our girls outside their university/college and see many fat students. I see it that their parents can afford to pay for their university so they must have money so they eat. In the news, the palace is talking about stopping this unli rice at restos.

Another observation while waiting outside the university/college is that out of every 50 girls walking out, from 15 to 22 years old, only 1 is pretty. And those are girls in their prime years.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, hk blues said:

Western man should take care of the poor, uneducated Filipina inference 

Odd this one, Last Check up at the Doctors ( My wife & I have joint appointments) the Doctor when examining "Azon" who is now putting more weight on than the Doctor would like to see turned to me and said well Mr Jack, maybe you can get "A" to enjoy some of your Dietary needs as over 5+ years your weight has not Increased by much, just your waistline :huh: BUT I know you brought most of  that with you So maybe we can have a little go at, not Controlling but contributing to a more healthy Diet that "A" knows is a concern to me as a lot of her clothes have shrunk :hystery: (Think about it!)  

I say to her well babe, you are 50 and as I know you enjoy your Food & we ain't poor yet, you just carry on and we will just Start a UK UK stall soon :smile:

• Like 3

Gary D
Posted
Posted

Filipinos love fat kids. Just watch the tv adds, the fat little girl stuffing herself with donuts. In the west the parants would be on a charge for child abuse and the kid in an obesity clinic.

• Like 5

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Gary D said:

In the west the parants would be on a charge for child abuse and the kid in an obesity clinic.

I would LOVE to agree with you.  And then I remember:

jpbago
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

First, I am not overweight for my height and age.

Some bus drivers get pretty big, remember Ralph Kramden in the Honeymooners.

Just teasing now Dave!

BTW, my wife likes that show, somewhat like Filipino humour. We sometimes watch it on YouTube when we have 24 minutes to kill.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, jpbago said:

BTW, my wife likes that show

She might like this one too, but its more British type humor

• Like 1