House Build Costs (Rough)

intrepid
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

Excellent, thank you very much. I'm looking at a retirement home with a view and less to clean but that gives me hope. I'm aiming between 2 and 2.5m bracket for a 100 sqm. Quality finish but basic shape.

That's a fair figure.  You should not have a problem staying within that budget.  Good luck.

• Like 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted
31 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

How many bedrooms etc? Square metres and rough quality finish please.

It's around 100 sq MTRS the house, downstairs is 2 bedrooms and shower room, kitchen/ dinning room come lounge.

Up stairs is the same size but a blank canvas, this is our space , bathroom bedroom and a very large lounge and then there is the same size roof terrace,

It's not the greatest building in the world but it is our home, like I have said it needs more spending on this but that will happen once we are there.

I am at work so once I get home I will find the building thread, unless some kind chap could find it for me.

Just remember it's a place to rest your head not a palace to show off, but each to there own .

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, AlwaysRt said:

I estimate my new house will cost 50,000 pesos. What?!?!?! real price is double? ummmmm OK! :nudie:wooooo hooooo

Yes!  Can be done!  Been there done that when I built a house for my first ex.

Its quite reasonable really.  All you have to do is pick a number you can live with for what you want to spend on your house.  In my case we were splitting up and she's crying about having no-where to go.  Given the circumstances I told her I would pay to have a house built on her families land for her and her son, IF she could have one built for 40K pesos.  Yep, all the estimates came in, local materials, local builders and it looked like they could do it for 40K.  By the time all was said and done it cost me 80K.

Here's what I got built for 80K back in 2013

Here's what you get.jpg

So the moral of the story is you can build as cheap or as expensive as you want.  Just realize you only get what you pay for.  I see too many expats with champagne dreams on a beer budget when it comes to building a house here.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 5

intrepid
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Yes!  Can be done!  Been there done that when I built a house for my first ex.

Its quite reasonable really.  All you have to do is pick a number you can live with for what you want to spend on your house.  In my case we were splitting up and she's crying about having no-where to go.  Given the circumstances I told her I would pay to have a house built on her families land for her and her son, IF she could have one built for 40K pesos.  Yep, all the estimates came in, local materials, local builders and it looked like they could do it for 40K.  By the time all was said and done it cost me 80K.

Here's what I got built for 80K back in 2013

Here's what you get.jpg

You were more than fair and she should be happy.  It is hers and it sure beats living in a tent!

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, intrepid said:

You were more than fair and she should be happy.  It is hers and it sure beats living in a tent!

At the risk of going off topic, (sorry Snowy, just a quick comment), I've been more than fair to all of my exes and some appreciate it more than others.  In another topic "a down on his luck expat" was mentioned.  If it happened to me I can think of at least 6 ex wives ro gfs who would help me out as I was fair to them when we broke up.  Not that I would take charity from them but they would still care enough to not want to see me begging on the streets.  But I doubt I'd take them up on it.  Too damn proud I guess.  Rather starve.  Fact is, I've been accused of being "too nice" by more than one ex.  Nice guys finish last but I don't seem to ever learn.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 5

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

Ignoring the cost of a lot

Snowy, when we were planning our house, our architect, who builds are the Army Navy restaurants, said a very good rule of thumb is to estimate the cost at 63,000 pesos per square meter or floor space. He was very close, so this might be a rule of thumb you can use for an estimate

• Like 1

Steve GCC
Posted
Posted

Happy to have a PM chat about our house build.  Originally quoted 2.6m for what looks like a bungalow but has a high roof so actually 2 full floors.  It is about 350m2 and ended up all in costing cP4m, with landscaping, CCTV, nice stainless wall panels, lights, marble, granite etc.

Send me a PM if you like and can send the plans, also have plans for a friends place.

• Like 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Nice guys finish last but I don't seem to ever learn.

True to a certain extent , but this nice guy has learnt his lesson and i do finish first from now on.

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, stevewool said:

True to a certain extent , but this nice guy has learnt his lesson and i do finish first from now on.

As an ex girlfriend once told me " There's no prizes for cumming second" :89:

• Like 2

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Snowy79 said:

As an ex girlfriend once told me " There's no prizes for cumming second" :89:

Actually I think that is wrong, being able to 'watch a full length feature film' is a prize in itself when compared to 'only catching the previews'.

• Like 1