Start of a new trend I hope not

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Well today while at work my phone rang, it was Emma.

It's just after 9.30 am and this is strange, hello i said,

I am not very well my Steve she says, my back is hurting me so I am not doing a double shift , I am Finishing work normal time.

Now this is very unusual for Emma in all her short working life she has never been if work through a sick day, so she must be hurting.

I do hope this does not become a regular thing though, or else I may have to work another month or two, plus who is going to cook my tea tonight.

Bless her , looks like I will be looking after her for a change, any tips anyone.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, stevewool said:

I do hope this does not become a regular thing though, or else I may have to work another month or two, plus who is going to cook my tea tonight.

Bless her , looks like I will be looking after her for a change, any tips anyone

Not from me, but this guy has a tip for you:

capp.jpg

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, stevewool said:

I do hope that this was an attempt at humor.:89:

• Like 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Mike J said:

I do hope that this was an attempt at humor.:89:

Its always better to have that bit of humor in our lives , and i do hope many people know me that i do enjoy adding my bit.

Yes she is tucked up in bed and she is off work today too, its the first time she has been poorly other then the odd cold.

By the way i had a slice of bread and cheese and a bowl of cereal " cornflakes" last night.

• Like 5

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
On 26/07/2017 at 7:05 AM, stevewool said:

By the way i had a slice of bread and cheese and a bowl of cereal " cornflakes" last night.

Wow well done Steve, you prepared yourself a two course meal :AddEmoticons04230:

Hope Emms is feeling better soon she must be getting hungry  by now :cornflakes:

• Like 2

Gary D
Posted
Posted
35 minutes ago, expatuk2014 said:

And when she goes shopping in the local market she buys me doughnuts.

Am i lucky or what ?

Should be mandatory for all filipinas to buy their husband donuts:thumbsup:

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Kuya John said:

Wow well done Steve, you prepared yourself a two course meal :AddEmoticons04230:

Hope Emms is feeling better soon she must be getting hungry  by now :cornflakes:

Emma being Emma is a trooper, she is back at work and carrying on like nothing has happened, but I know there is that twinge there still.

And I am still looking after myself food wise, last night cheese tomato and branston pickle sandwich on thick bread. 

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, expatuk2014 said:

Filipino woman are very hard working my wife worked in the  UK for 9 years walking to work in the rain

And through 2 bad winters walking through the snow up to her knees in some places she was only sick 

Once when she had gall stones removed.

She would get up at 4am mon-fri prepare my breakfast and my sandwiches and work clothes

Then she would stand in front of my van on cold frosty mornings throwing warm water onto the windscreen! And when she finished work she would cook our lunch.

Even now we are retired ( well i am ! ) shes up at 5am cooking breakfast for her sister who leaves home at 7am to teach in a local college, then my wife feeds the dogs and then starts washing by hand !

We have a washing m/c but she still sits on her little stool happily washing away then shes cooking

Cleaning the house etc cooking again she never stops .

And when she goes shopping in the local market she buys me doughnuts.

Am i lucky or what ?

Very lucky indeed.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
On 7/26/2017 at 2:05 PM, stevewool said:

Its always better to have that bit of humor in our lives , and i do hope many people know me that i do enjoy adding my bit.

Yes she is tucked up in bed and she is off work today too, its the first time she has been poorly other then the odd cold.

WOW you`re learning to cook very fast haha

• Like 1
  • Haha 1