PLDT Internet Issues Today?

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Our normally reliable PLDT FIBR internet service has slowed to a crawl the last few hours.  Called Subictel / PLDT and they said that PLDT is having a nationwide problem.  She advised me to not unplug the modem or I might not get any service, and said they would call back when it is fixed.

Anyone else having PLDT internet issues this afternoon?  We have had strong rains all day here.  School was cancelled when we arrived due to heavy rain and flooding.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
26 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

crawl the last few hours

I have notised the same thing here in metro manila, but with Globe

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted
25 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Anyone else having PLDT internet issues this afternoon?

Same thing over here in Batangas with PLDT.

roddavis
Posted
Posted

Must be local in your area. Cebu side west still going strong. No delays noticed.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
49 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

normally reliable

just ran a speed test, down to 4.32 from the normal 14 or so

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
26 minutes ago, scott h said:

just ran a speed test, down to 4.32 from the normal 14 or so

Better than mine: 1.82

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

My PLDT FIBR started working better yesterday afternoon but still not great.  They called me and had me do a test in the evening, and it test at 20 mbps download.  The guy said "oh, that is very fast", and I said "No, that is slow, I usually get 50!"  So he scheduled techs to come out today.

They just came out and it tested at 40+ so I said it was ok for now.  I told them that some web sites seemed to be slow and they asked which ones, but I really didn't know at the time.

So, now, I think there is a larger problem with Philippines internet.  For example, another forum I follow will not load "site cannot be reached".  When I turned my VPN on with a US IP, no problem.

What do you think?

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 7/28/2017 at 10:55 AM, OnMyWay said:

So, now, I think there is a larger problem with Philippines internet.  For example, another forum I follow will not load "site cannot be reached".  When I turned my VPN on with a US IP, no problem.

This problem seems to be solved today so everything is normal now.

intrepid
Posted
Posted
On 7/28/2017 at 10:55 AM, OnMyWay said:

What do you think?

Don, that is the problem I have with Globe here on either my computer or phone.  Many times I cannot access this forum without using a US or Hong Kong IP.  So I think you are right, it is something wrong with the internet here in PI.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, intrepid said:

So I think you are right, it is something wrong with the internet here in PI.

:thumbsup: So very, VERY true :huh:

• Like 1