Rumors that Philippines vlogger Michael Fazio died of a heart attack at 61?

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

ive never seen his vlogs, but as you say ,none of us know how long we have left ,61 is no age

• Like 2

jpbago
Posted
Posted
32 minutes ago, Queenie O. said:

Whether you knew of him or liked him or not, a long time Philippines Vlogger, Michial Fazio (Hoodwinked by an Angel) has died recently of a heart attack. Not too many details online, but something about a heated confrontation at the NAIA airport with a person in line, and a heart attack that happened shortly after.

http://www.journal.com.ph/news/metro/american-dies-of-heart-attack-at-naia

Michael was a character and he had a sweet girlfriend named Daisy that he really seemed to have clicked with.  Whether you cared for him or not, I think that his passing reminds us that we never know how long we have to live in life, and it might be a good idea to follow our dreams or not be complacent or too negative about life. Michael and Daisy had for some time dreamed about living and building a small hotel on Palawan Island, and they both spent every day chasing down that dream.  I had hoped that their dream could have gone on, but was glad that they seemed to have fun doing it, and I'd rather go out doing what makes me happy instead of wondering what might have been. Whatever your dream--figure it out and live it! 

RIP Michael Fazio

The news article says 45 years old:

A 45-year-old American died after he suffered a heart attack while in a heated argument at the lobby of Ninoy Aquino International Airport.

Senior Supt. Dionisio Bartolome, chief of Pasay City police, identified the American as Kevin Michael Otterstad, of Washington, USA.

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted

JP--that's what the article stated, but I think they were wrong. One source I found said 63. He appeared to be more early sixties than 45 for sure.

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted

I certainly wouldn't want to die arguing with a stranger in line at NAIA. :89:

• Like 3

John Dough
Posted
Posted

• Jollygoodfellow unlocked this topic
Youknowme
Posted
Posted (edited)

The articles mention Kevin michael.. But different guy.. Kevin Michael Otterstad http://www.williamsfuneral.com/m/?p=memorial&id=1975212

doesn't look like fazio\

Moderator's Note:  Welcome Youknowme.  We usually do not permit links with a member's first post but this link is essential to this thread so we shall allow it pending admin's discretion. Good catch.  

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 2

oldutot
Posted
Posted (edited)

I have follow his video logs, what I character.   I am sorry to hear he pass away

Edited by oldutot

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Queenie O. said:

Not too many details online, but something about a heated confrontation at the NAIA airport with a person in line, and a heart attack that happened shortly after.

I will not deny that the blogger you wrote of seems to have passed away as I found a link to his Facebook here:

https://www.facebook.com/michael.fazio.376?fref=search

But the link to the news article you mentioned is the wrong person. That article was written May 29, 2017 and the blogger last posted on June 16.  May he R.I.P. and anyone who can add to the real story of his passing please do so but we have to admit that the link in the opening post is entirely misleading.

EDIT:  This is all I can find

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • I'm Confused 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

Like Queenie said...

We should make the most of life, follow your dreams, and remember health n happiness go hand in hand.

Stress is a killer, avoid it at all costs, just been telling my eldest daughter to change her job ,before reading this passing of Michael Fazio's.

Life is a one way trip, stop to admire the things along the way.......RIP Michael Fazio.

• Like 2

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic