Mogo'a update 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I have to have a chuckle here as you will soon realize there are many instances where the stuff it says on the form is just the beginning.  When you bring all that in there will almost always be another requirement that you have to go home and fulfill.  They get their jollies that way.  But not always, you may get lucky.

Sick little puppies Dave>?

• Like 3

mogo51
Posted
Posted (edited)

Tourist visa, he spoke to SO in Filipina and said I had to have one.  this is not unusual that the info is not accurate, it happens all the time in Thailand.  You can go to Transport or Immigration there and get a different answer every time.

The form they gave me did not specify what type of visa, it only stated 'foreigner obtaining Philippine licence' with foreign licence and it is the form he gave me????

Sorry for delay, have a monsoon here and been raining 9 days now.  Internet very scratchy when its not raining, let alone when it is 'peeing down'.

Edited by mogo51
  • Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
18 minutes ago, mogo51 said:

have a monsoon here and been raining 9 days now.

Not sure what the year round weather is like in the area you chose to live but when I moved to Biliran island in 2011 it rained every day for 364 days out of the year (I said that so as not to exaggerate.  I'm sure there must have been one day it did not rain but I do not remember it.)

I put up with that for 3 years before figuring out its not like that in Dumaguete.  So here I am.

• Like 4

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, mogo51 said:

Tourist visa, he spoke to SO in Filipina and said I had to have one.  this is not unusual that the info is not accurate, it happens all the time in Thailand.  You can go to Transport or Immigration there and get a different answer every time.

The form they gave me did not specify what type of visa, it only stated 'foreigner obtaining Philippine licence' with foreign licence and it is the form he gave me????

Sorry for delay, have a monsoon here and been raining 9 days now.  Internet very scratchy when its not raining, let alone when it is 'peeing down'.

When I did my licence here in Dumaguete I was in and out in 45 minutes.I needed the medical and drug tests,copy of biopage and last entry page from my passport.They did ask for proof of intent to stay here for 1 year.I do know of people(expats) who have not been asked for proof that they will be staying a year.I think each persons mileage may vary depending on what mood the staff at LTO are in.

When I upgraded my licence to include a motorbike I was asked for the registration documents.I told him that I don`t have a motorbike as I don`t have a licence and could not even get 1 home if I bought it without breaking the law.He started laughing and I was angry (I didn`t show it).He then went into the back office and borrowed the registration from somebody there for their Motorbike and I had to get a copy and I got my licence 5 minutes later.2 months later I picked up the plastic licence and was out of there in an hour or less. He asked me what I wanted when I got there and I said my plastic,he said if you want plastic you must go to the market and he started laughing,he said.how long have you been a Philippino I said yes I have been here a while he said you mean plastic licence.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

mogo51
Posted
Posted

You must have struck the village clown at the LTO Kev.

• Haha 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, mogo51 said:

You must have struck the village clown at the LTO Kev.

He was a laugh a minute but now he knows me things get done quickly with an explanation so if he is a clown I am all for it,maybe we should have a few more here lol

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, sonjack2847 said:

He was a laugh a minute but now he knows me things get done quickly with an explanation so if he is a clown I am all for it,maybe we should have a few more here lol

That's good Kev, got it working to your advantage.