Ten year licence

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

It looks like those that missed out on the 5 year licence may profit after all. The government is looking at a ten year licence now and if I read this correctly it gets passed even if the President doesn't sign it off. http://manilastandard.net/news/top-stories/243123/driver-s-license-card-good-for-10-yrs-.html

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted

That would be great, only having to go to the LTO for a license twice more in my life. I hope they pass it before I next go.

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted

Sounds great on our parts, but does it make a lot of sense in general? For one time you're tested including in Cebu still, a urine test for drug use. So for the following years there will be no monitoring of drivers? Not sure how that would be managed..

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Queenie O. said:

Not sure how that would be managed..

Like most things Queenie NOT

• Sad 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I have just a year left on my 2 year licence so for me (when I renew) 5 or 10 years is fine.

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted

Currently in between getting killed again and kidnapped here in Siquijor so I have time to ask. Has anyone gotten a new license on a tourist visa or balikbayan lately? What are the current requirements at an actual office?

Gary D
Posted
Posted

As usual every office will be different. The rules are to have been in the country for 1 month minimum and show a further 12 months eligibility to stay in the country. Neither BB or visit visa will do this. You may need that special brown envelope.

earthdome
Posted
Posted

I wonder if those rules apply to DL renewals. I already have a Philippine DL but it has expired. Wonder if they will let me renew it next time I return without showing proof of residency.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
34 minutes ago, earthdome said:

I already have a Philippine DL but it has expired. Wonder if they will let me renew it next time I return without showing proof of residency.

Within a certain amount of time, yes. 

You may apply for license renewal at least 1 month before the expiration but not more than two (2) years after the expiration date.

http://ltoexam.com/drivers-license-renewal/

• Like 2

earthdome
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:
1 hour ago, earthdome said:

I already have a Philippine DL but it has expired. Wonder if they will let me renew it next time I return without showing proof of residency.

Within a certain amount of time, yes. 

You may apply for license renewal at least 1 month before the expiration but not more than two (2) years after the expiration date.

http://ltoexam.com/drivers-license-renewal/

Thanks for the info. Checking my dates I expect I will be SOL with regards to renewing my DL.