Trying to have the last say

oldutot
Posted
Posted

Class is beginning for a lot of you folks. And Jake and I'm the teacher.:89::hystery::whistling::bonk::gday:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, Jake said:

I would say, sorry......not in stock.  Wait awhile.  

Love it! As you say Jake,..triple like!:hystery:

Jake
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, intrepid said:

Love it! As you say Jake,..triple like!:hystery:

Salamat po Danny.  It would be a lot less stressful if our wife/GF's are the first line of defense.  Or better yet, first line of offense.   But regarding medical emergency, they should attach a copy of their medical bill -- date, name of doctor and hospital, patient's name and the amount.  And contact information for verification.

Yeah, I know.  Sometimes it affects our marriage when extended families ruin your monthly budget with debtors start calling you for late payments.  I sometimes get my own form of tampo, steaming in my doghouse.  

We get no respect sometimes.......for our hard earned wages.  

• Like 4

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Well the money has been sent and I have asked to see pictures of the new bike once he has it.plus he has said thankyou through Emma.

There is no more cash this coming year from us as we have two holidays to have before Christmas, I wonder if I ask for help in paying for those I may get any help. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Clermont
Posted
Posted

ive read all above and I don't think any thing differs from one to another, we've all got them in our extended family, whether at home or in the PI. We have only one close family member that is a pest in borrowing/ giving/ scamming, money of ME. He works as a police man and not many blokes scare me, but the hairs on the back of my neck bristle up when he is around. Anyway the last time I told him Aunty had all the money so he went to ask her for some. Well, Aunty is from the old school and she let her tongue loss in front of her brother and sister in law plus all his sisters and brothers. I was looking for a safe exit out of Jolly Bee, he carries his 45 all the time, no, he humbly took it in his stride and  to this date I'm number 1 in his books, I do slip him the odd 50 peso, I hope I'm not funding my final hurrah, 

• Like 5

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
On 7/29/2017 at 11:53 PM, virginprune said:

My family sometimes asks because their salary is late but it is always asked as a loan and always repaid. Occasionally I will give or donate but that is my decision with no pressure at all and lots of thanks.

I have lent money before and it is sometimes a pain getting it back.It is not so much the amount that bothers me but the excuses which they come up with.In the UK back in the nineties I lent a man 20 pounds may bank holiday.It was August bank holiday and he still owed me 15,well we were stood close at the bar and he got his change and I grabbed the 15 out of his hand.Now he made me out to be the bad one but really who was at fault.We asked around here if anybody wanted to come and do some cleaning in the house 1 day a week.We ended up with a teenager doing the job and she was grateful as it paid for her school supplies.But she was a teenager and yes she was more interested in talking to boys on her phone than actually cleaning.We stopped it.A few weeks later her mother came around and asked if she could do the cleaning as her husband was off of work as he had bad stomach pains,Kidney stones,and she wanted some money for an Xray.She was working for a few weeks and she asked us for 400 peso so he could get it done,she would work and pay it off.We let her work for 2 weeks at half pay and then( she has become very friendly with my wife)because she was reliable and did a good job  we told her her debt was paid.The locals here and back home will spend much more effort coming up with excuses than actually paying,Moral of the story gift it don`t lend as it can drive you crazy getting it back.

• Like 4

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
On 7/29/2017 at 4:07 PM, stevewool said:

Maybe many of you have been there , you start of having a chat about this and that and the family comes into the conversation and the net minute its getting a little out of hand, not a all out war but you are expressing your own thoughts about so and so.

They are not like that at all is what you are getting back, and in a way they are not , they would feed you and share there last food with you, they would like to show you off to all there friends too, they all like to be around you, they would give up there bed for you too, so are they really that bad.

Then it all comes back, CASH, MONEY, its the root of all evil , once these words are mentioned things seem to change, and i have a great memory too.

Now dont get e wrong my family have there own problems too, some may share , some dont give a dam , but i know who they are and i will tell them too, face to face , and there is no smile its the look of death.

So is it a case where the Filipino do forgive and forget and move on to the next loan, sorry cash gift, i am not on about a few quid here and there its when they ask for a few thousand for something i would like too, but i have to save for.

This has nothing to do with the gift for Emma's dad, but its the answer you get from the rest of the family that gets me,"we have commitments , we have bills , we are saving for a holiday, we have to pay the bills for college", but then you see there kids with the latest gadgets even cars and every picture on facebook there are eating out.

So much for being short, and i do mean cash.

Now breath and the rant is over, and Emma is still Emma and i am still kuripot.

The title on this subject says it all,Steve when in your life have yo ever had the last word when a woman is involved.Come on mate.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
49 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

The title on this subject says it all,Steve when in your life have yo ever had the last word when a woman is involved.Come on mate.

:whistling: As we know or should know,  anything said after our lady has had the last word is the start of a new Argument :thumbsup:

Jack:mellow:

Morning All :cornflakes:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted

Good one Jack and true.