Trying to have the last say

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

I have lent money before and it is sometimes a pain getting it back.

We have lent considerable sums to my wife's longtime friend and her husband. They are multiple business owners. Twice now they have hit a situation where a big customer has delayed a payment to them and they've asked for a loan to cover them for a week or so. We've always received full payment from them, on time.

They're the only people in the country I'd ever lend money to, though.

• Like 4

Nickleback99
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, stevewool said:

There is no more cash this coming year from us as we have two holidays to have before Christmas, I wonder if I ask for help in paying for those I may get any help. 

Like Liam Nieson's character said in movie "Taken"......"Good Luck"

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

My brother here in England use to pop around and just before he left he would say, "have you a few bob just to get home", and yes you would give him a couple of quid.

But this became a regular thing and it was peeing me off giving this few bob every week.

So when the next time he came and just like before he asked, i said NO, but i can borrow you a fiver.

Funny thing was he said no and has never asked again.

Yes we all have them , but many try to make you feel guilty.

Clermont
Posted
Posted

Yeah it's not hard to pick out the rouges, one of my old tricks with some-one that was always on the bum, get in first every time you see them, ask for a loan, surprising how soon they avoid you.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
On 7/31/2017 at 3:28 PM, Clermont said:

Yeah it's not hard to pick out the rouges, one of my old tricks with some-one that was always on the bum, get in first every time you see them, ask for a loan, surprising how soon they avoid you.

And that is exactly what I used to do.You soon see it stop.

• Like 3