LTO Registration and Transfer Of Ownership

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 7/31/2017 at 8:01 AM, OnMyWay said:

I'm still trying to think of the downsides to not changing the ownership.  The only one I see is that when I go to sell, the prospective buyer might be put off by me not being the owner.  However, if we do a notarized deed of sale, it still seems to be ok.

Follow up.  I did not change the ownership.  I went to LTO Subic Friday and the registration was a breeze.  Last time we registered a car at LTO Subic a few years ago, you had to go elsewhere to get your emissions test.  Now they have a new one right next door.  10 minutes for the emissions test. 5 minutes or less for the "inspection".  The guy opened the hood but just used the MV ID shown in the windshield.  No tracing from the engine, etc.  Then I waited about 20 minutes for "my name" to be called.  They called the previous owners name and he is a foreigner too, so they never asked for deed of sale or my id.  Paid about p2600 and picked up the new CR 5 minutes later.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Paid about p2600 and picked up the new CR 5 minutes later.

You got a new toilet at the LTO ? :whistling:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Can you register a vehicle bought in Cebu in Dumaguete.I ask because if you buy one from Mindanao you have to register every year there.

Ram1957
Posted
Posted
29 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

Can you register a vehicle bought in Cebu in Dumaguete.I ask because if you buy one from Mindanao you have to register every year there.

Should be able to. Both Dumaguete and Cebu fall under LTO Area 7.

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Ram1957 said:

Should be able to. Both Dumaguete and Cebu fall under LTO Area 7.

I just found that out from a friend but thanks for the answer.

• 3 months later...
Archieb Arceo
Posted
Posted

I just a bought a car 2 years ago. I am the 3rd owner of the car with open deed of sale and original OR/CR. I don't have problem registering it. I would like to transfer it to my name. All documents are complete except for one deed of sale from the 2nd owner. Please i need some advice from the expert.

Thanks in advance,

Bong